Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bauer and Tex

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere but has RS been told not to pick these two ? I assume the regime wants them to be sold in January

Comments

• Options
    Bauer was on the bench yesterday
  • Options
    Tex still has a minor injury.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Pearce was hand picked by the Manager and allegedly he spent £1.5m on him probably as replacement for the anticipated move away by Tex. Therefore Pearce is one of the first names on the team sheet, Tex doesn't figure in his plans IMO and Bauer has only just returned fronm injury whilst the team were unbeaten in 5 (ignoring the Mickey Mouse cup) before yesterday so Russ deemed no changes necessary. Let's see who plays CB with Pearce on Tuesday. This is not necessarily my choice of CBs however.
  • Options

You are on the right lines.
    RD expects a head coach to Play youngsters.
    This season Konsa, who has done OK is the chosen one.
    How he can keep Patrick Bauer(now he is fit) out the team is just wrong

Won't do Konsa any good either. Should be out on loan somewhere learning his trade, rather than being lined up as the next scapegoat.
  • Options
    Dick Plumb has said that Tex is due to play for the U23s on Monday
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    RedChaser said:

Pearce was hand picked by the Manager and allegedly he spent £1.5m on him probably as replacement for the anticipated move away by Tex. Therefore Pearce is one of the first names on the team sheet, Tex doesn't figure in his plans IMO and Bauer has only just returned fronm injury whilst the team were unbeaten in 5 (ignoring the Mickey Mouse cup) before yesterday so Russ deemed no changes necessary. Let's see who plays CB with Pearce on Tuesday. This is not necessarily my choice of CBs however.

Spot on I'd say. Tex & Bauer are the best 2, but as you say Slade loves Pearce and he was bought as the replacement for Tex. They wanted to move Tex on, but couldn't as he's still got 4 years left on his contract and a comparatively high wage. So no takers.

So it's Pearce with Bauer for me & then Lennon. Konsa should be playing in the cup games imo.

Tex may figure in Nov/Dec to give a rest to the injured & put himself in the shop window.
  • Options
    Konsa has done well but I feel a the German will play Tuesday
  • Options

Konsa has done well but I feel a the German will play Tuesday

this
  • Options

Yesterday was one match too many for EK15. His time will come again but Paddy Bauer should play on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Bauer will get games between now and January when he will be gone. We will never see Tex again. Just a feeling.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I find it strange that virtually everyone that has commented, wants Konsa dropped.

Personally, I think he's performed admirably, all things considered, but as soon as Bauer was match fit, I would have had him in no question, because at present Bauer is the better player.

I thought Konsa played as well yesterday as any other game and whilst I wanted Bauer back beforehand and still do, I find it strange that everyone is now calling for Konsa to be dropped, when he did nothing wrong, from what I saw.

Solly was at fault for the first & Pearce the second.

I'm not totally on my own as CEJ agrees.

So yes drop Konsa for Bauer, but not because of how Konsa performed yesterday.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Rudd
    Pearce BFG Lennon

Solly Fox/Chicken
    Frank (60") Konza Holmes
    Guiness Lookie
  • Options

I find it strange that virtually everyone that has commented, wants Konsa dropped.

Personally, I think he's performed admirably, all things considered, but as soon as Bauer was match fit, I would have had him in no question, because at present Bauer is the better player.

I thought Konsa played as well yesterday as any other game and whilst I wanted Bauer back beforehand and still do, I find it strange that everyone is now calling for Konsa to be dropped, when he did nothing wrong, from what I saw.

I dont' read it as people wanting Konsa dropped because he's playing poorly, moreso because Pearce is considered (rightly or wrongly, and I'll just say that I don't agree) our #1 center back. As such, to bring in Bauer you have to drop someone, and it seems it will be Konsa.

Personally, away at Scunthorpe I wouldn't mind seeing a 3-5-2 with Lennon, Pearce, and Bauer at the back, Solly and Holmes as wingbacks, JJ, Crofts, and Ulvestad in midfield, and Mcgennis and Lookman up front. Actually, I don't know if I'd actually go with that, but I'm feeling whimsical.
  • Options

I have read it a bit different I think.

I think people are saying we need PB back and as we paid for Pearce (and he was Slade's pick) it would be Konsa that Slade would drop so Konsa needs to be dropped purely because we need PB back.

(I think so anyway...)
  • Options

Rudd
    Pearce BFG Lennon

Solly Fox/Chicken
    Frank (60") Konza Holmes
    Guiness Lookie

That's the set menu at my local Thai restaurant.

• Options
    Pearce was the one organising things at the back, it'll be him alongside ano unless he really loses form.

We need to be solid on Tuesday, that's the sort of game in which I expect RS will park the bus and hope to nick a winner on the break...
  • Options
    Get em both fit and in.
  • Options

Others have probably made this point before me, but I read these comments calling for Konsa to be dropped because he's still young and learning and shouldn't be having so much pressure put on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tex doesn't want to be here. Doubt he'll ply for us again. Costs us a fortune in wages and more if he plays
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Tex doesn't want to be here. Doubt he'll ply for us again. Costs us a fortune in wages and more if he plays

Yeah but he's here, and surely he understands that nobody wanted him enough to part with the fee/wages. Showing form absolutely cannot hurt him getting a move. Although I'd forgotten that he had played under Riga before and that could have played a big role in him joining us in the first place.

That said, I personally wonder what players from the continent think of Slade's methods. When he came in I feared he'd be too, let's just say "British" in tactics and training to convince any of the foreign players to stay. All but three are gone...
  • Options
    Tex managed 67 minutes in the Under 23s yesterday
  • Options
    Being honest I can't see anything to shout about with Pearce, not impressed me thus far, plenty of effort but not a lot of substance.

Also been disappointed with Rudd, doesn't seem to save many and often beaten by long shots.

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

Tex managed 67 minutes in the Under 23s yesterday

Does he get paid appearance money for the U23's?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I'd love to see something to back up this statement. Keep hearing but haven't seen one item of evidence.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

You are on the right lines.
    RD expects a head coach to Play youngsters.
    This season Konsa, who has done OK is the chosen one.
    How he can keep Patrick Bauer(now he is fit) out the team is just wrong

Won't do Konsa any good either. Should be out on loan somewhere learning his trade, rather than being lined up as the next scapegoat.
    This makes little sense on any level, IMO.

First, there is no separate loan window this season. So he would have had to have gone out on a half-season (at least) loan back in August. At that time we had Bauer and Lennon injured and Tex seemingly being shipped out. We would have had insufficient centre backs to cover the position, let alone a sub. (For a number of obvious reasons I'm not counting Johnson as a viable centre half.)
    Second, where would he have gone to "learn his trade"? There's now only one division below us in the league or non-league. I don't see such a move being better than starting or being on the bench for us. Unless Bauer improves from his current level of competency (which doesn't seem that good to me) or Tex realises he's still at the club for the foreseeable, it seems to me to be a choice between Konsa or Lennon to partner Pearce.
  • Options
    Think we're less likely to see Pearce and Lennon together given they're both left footed.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Where is your source?