Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

i'm northern and thick

But as I was undercoating skirting boards in 8 offices just outside Boston today, I was thinking....... now I've been a supporter since 83 ish,nearest I've lived to se7 is south Lincolnshire,every home game I go to feels like going home. So was thinking we need to up the embarrassment on our mate two sheds......so adding a bit more white spirit to me undercoat to make it run more smoothly(trade tip).....am I right in thinking you only need 100,000 signatures to get a question raised in parliament????? Now this might be done at 1.30 in the morning but could be a smack in the face for our wannabe Belgian politician owner..... I'm quite sure we still hold cred with a lot of prem clubs( as fans)
I wouldn't know how to start such a thing or the wording,I'm sure we have fans that could
Shoot me down for working a Sunday, my Mrs has

Comments

• Options
    Were the offices well ventilated when you applied the undercoating?
  • Options
    When you say "adding a bit more white spirit to me undercoat " do you mean you are drinking white spirit?
  • Options
    Had a couple of reds two,I'm bolloxed 12 day on the spin
  • Options
    Thanks for the health and safety input rodders,never thought of that!!!
  • Options
    Four reds now,the one likes are starting to look like elevens
  • Options
    I think the petition for signatures would have been looked at by card etc but not being happy with the way your club is run isn't really going to get you anywhere, you would need something big that meant the council/government could legally have a say in/take control of the club.

Unfortunately being a prick would more than likely make you friends in the House of Commons...
  • Options
    Thanks for the thought, but don't think it's justified & we wouldn't get 100,000 sigs.
  • Options
    Don't do yourself down mate.

You're honest too!
    ;-)
  • Options
    7 now,more things about gloss in morning shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Saw the thread title and was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, thinking I was going to have to make some heads roll. Relieved that I don't.

Carry on.
  • Options

Saw the thread title and was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, thinking I was going to have to make some heads rolls. Relieved that I don't.

Carry on.

And again in English please?
  • Options
    Soz, me no speaka da Ingleesh.
  • Options
    The only thing that goes on my chips is ketchup. I'm not born and bred Northern (thank fook).
  • Options

The only thing that goes on my chips is ketchup. I'm not born and bred Northern (thank fook).

Seriously though, Do you notice that you have picked up any local traits?

• Options
    I've lived in Yorkshire since I was eight years old (I'm now in my 44th year) so I guess that makes me northen by default. I sound like a northerner definitely but I'm not sure you could class me as typically 'northern' whatever that is. Politically I guess I'm typically 'northern' as I despise the way that government is so Southern (especially London and the home counties) centric but apart from that I'm just me. I live in a small market town now, fourteen miles from York and my veggie lifestyle is far removed from the meat pie and chops lovers of my neighbours. It's a connundrum really as I don't feel particulary at home up here yet if I moved down south I really don't think I'd feel I belonged there either. I guess at heart I'm just a nomad.
  • Options

I've lived in Yorkshire since I was eight years old (I'm now in my 44th year) so I guess that makes me northen by default. I sound like a northerner definitely but I'm not sure you could class me as typically 'northern' whatever that is. Politically I guess I'm typically 'northern' as I despise the way that government is so Southern (especially London and the home counties) centric but apart from that I'm just me. I live in a small market town now, fourteen miles from York and my veggie lifestyle is far removed from the meat pie and chops lovers of my neighbours. It's a connundrum really as I don't feel particulary at home up here yet if I moved down south I really don't think I'd feel I belonged there either. I guess at heart I'm just a nomad.

How come you support Charlton if you've been 'oop north' since the age of 8?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    last season @ Preston I got chatting to a middle aged bloke from York, York born n bred he told me .. I asked how he had become an Addick ..
    seems at age of about 7 he'd opened the first copy of 'Charles Buchan's Football Weekly' that his dad had bought him and CAFC was the featured 'centrefold', luckily all the players were kitted and booted, not naked, otherwise he might have been put off for life and taken up pigeon racing ..
    my chatmate had been hooked on CAFC ever since .. who said words to the effect of: 'give me the child and I will build you the man' ?
  • Options

last season @ Preston I got chatting to a middle aged bloke from York, York born n bred he told me .. I asked how he had become an Addick ..
    seems at age of about 7 he'd opened the first copy of 'Charles Buchan's Football Weekly' that his dad had bought him and CAFC was the featured 'centrefold', luckily all the players were kitted and booted, not naked, otherwise he might have been put off for life and taken up pigeon racing ..
    my chatmate had been hooked on CAFC ever since .. who said words to the effect of: 'give me the child and I will build you the man' ?

Jimmy Saville?
  • Options
    Do you say "Going t'Charlton, its gonna be reet good I tell thee!" before going to a game?
  • Options
    Never going to get 100,000 sigs.

The last one didn't even get to 8k.
    http://ourcharlton.org.uk/
  • Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckington

Not really 'northern', more n e midlands .. nice place though if you like the VERY quiet life ((:>)
  • Options
    "i'm northern and thick"

Surely it should be northern and a dirty bastard
  • Options
    When I ate before the fleetwood game in the fish and chip shop I was very alarmed at the amount of salt she seemed to be leathering my food with. I had to stop her and say that's too much. You may all enjoy high blood pressure up here but where I come from (London), that's not acceptable

God help all of you north of the Watford Gap if that's how you behave
  • Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckington

Not really 'northern', more n e midlands .. nice place though if you like the VERY quiet life ((:>)

North of the Thames.. all the same to me.
  • Options
    Oh Lincs mate, it is really quite here,apart from the Euro fighters taking off from conningsby,the red arrows practicing above the house or the battle of Britain flight comingover at the weekends..add to that lot the burr from the only working 8 sail windmill in Europe... give me an inner city any day