Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    It's come to being pleased with a 0-0 draw away to Scunthorpe.
    I can't say I'm overwhelmed.
    But it is what it is so well played and all that guff.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    A good start with a lack of depth in the squad is imperative. Unfortunately we have not had that good start, chuck in some injuries (especially in our shallow midfield) or some sales and Slade has problems. Top 6 budget and aiming for 6, mid-table looms.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I'm sorry but what does

“The points aren’t coming our way at the minute. We are on an upward curve but it shows that we still have more work to do to improve. We’re going the right way.”

First 4 League games = 7 points
    Last 4 League games = 3 points

That would be a downward curve Brussell.

he's been talking to dear Katie too much
  • Options
    Thought he loved a statistic as well.
  • Options
    Well it's an upward curve if you include last season....

And the performances are at least improving.

Except Wimbledon - that was truly pants
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Our Brussell could learn a thing or two from Eddie Howe. Look what Howe had to say about last night's defeat by Preston:

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe told BBC Radio Solent:

"Firstly, I have to apologise to the supporters, I really do. I feel passionately that we've let them down tonight.

"I can't recall saying that in my second term here. But we didn't do the things required to justify them paying the money to support us and the time that it takes.

"I feel very sorry for that and I'll do everything in my power to put that right. Ultimately, as manager, the blame falls on me and I take full responsibility.

"The fundamentals weren't there for a good performance. We didn't work hard enough and the technicals were very low and it's very unlike us."

Clear as a bell. Personal responsibility. Connected with the fans. Perfect.

It is a good response and Eddie Howe has got such a relationship with the fans at Bournemouth based on success that they will probably cut him some slack regardless of him saying this

Slade doesn't, but I agree with you I don't like it when managers don't just admit they (and the team) fucked up. I'm not saying that you criticise in public but what Howe has done here is very clear, said it wasn't good enough without going into a diatribe.

If his players have got any bollocks about them (I think they have) they will respond in the right way.

I personally believe football has got too soft and the players get away with poor performances because the power lies with them too much. I don't mean to keep harping on about it, but look at England. Should've been crucified, senior players should've been castrated. The Hart example is great. Guardiola drops him and moves him on because he's deemed not good enough for the new style. Hart somehow portrays a victim over the circumstance. No Hart, show some bollocks. You'd been getting away with unaccountable performances for so long at international and club level, now we'll see what you're made of. Why should you be guaranteed a number one spot at CL club. You're not infallible. Same should happen to Rooney. Mourinho should put a rocket up his arse by dropping him. Let's see if Rooney has any bollocks left.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    absolute fucking joke ive never heard of scunthropes players he should be asking for mercy not saying we played well. belgiums out
  • Options
    Thank you Brussell for keeping us updated.
  • Options
    Russell Spouts.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe are setting the pace so I can't be too upset, however.... If Russell wants to point at the table and say look they are top so we are on an upward curve (which we aren't)... then perhaps he should be explaining why we are 7 points off them in the first place?

On this evidence he/we are just poor enough to miss out on promotion but not poor enough to get the (costly) sack.
  • Options
    I've not read or heard his comments, but does he mention the need to be patient?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I've not read or heard his comments, but does he mention the need to be patient?

We are patients... mental patients!
  • Options

Off_it said:

We are patients... mental patients!
    Dr Slade your patient has died.

Ah yes....it does appear he has ceased to be... hmm disappointing.... I am still confident his health is on an upward curve though
  • Options
    Sadly Greenie, I feel the same. Can't identify with the club anymore. The owners have demonstrated they don't give a shit, why should I?
    Greenie said:

The manager can spin it how he wants, I simply dont care enough to give a shit what he says.

• Options
    Apparently, even though most of this side were not even signed before the first game of the season they had practiced going 4141 during pre season? That's quite impressive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slades reaction after the match was to walk over and shake the hand of a fist full of fans and shouted thanks for making the journey and that he and the players appreciated it .
    Top bloke
  • Options
    And his reaction after the Bury and Cheltenham games was to get down the tunnel before anybody else.

Jurys out.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Apparently, even though most of this side were not even signed before the first game of the season they had practiced going 4141 during pre season? That's quite impressive

Played that against Ipswich. The team that night was:
    Phillips, Solly Johnson, Konsa, Fox, Harriott Cofts, Foley , Jackson Holmes Ajose

Lookman came on as a sub that night, so six of the ten outfield starters from last night played.

As for the upward curve, that is factually not true as far as points are concerned, but does anyone think it's true in terms of performances over the last 2-3 matches?
  • Options
    I still can't accept one game as claim for pre season planning. Certainly not with just 6 players. On the basis the team is only really now coming together I would suggest there is still a long way to go.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Our Brussell could learn a thing or two from Eddie Howe. Look what Howe had to say about last night's defeat by Preston:

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe told BBC Radio Solent:

"Firstly, I have to apologise to the supporters, I really do. I feel passionately that we've let them down tonight.

"I can't recall saying that in my second term here. But we didn't do the things required to justify them paying the money to support us and the time that it takes.

"I feel very sorry for that and I'll do everything in my power to put that right. Ultimately, as manager, the blame falls on me and I take full responsibility.

"The fundamentals weren't there for a good performance. We didn't work hard enough and the technicals were very low and it's very unlike us."

Clear as a bell. Personal responsibility. Connected with the fans. Perfect.

...and they weren't even that bad. Seen us play much, much worse against teams below us in the league.
  • Options
    Slade's not a rocket scientist, clearly. Mind you, apparently we had one of those and that didn't work out either!
  • Options

Oakster said:

I'm sorry but what does

“The points aren’t coming our way at the minute. We are on an upward curve but it shows that we still have more work to do to improve. We’re going the right way.”

First 4 League games = 7 points
    Last 4 League games = 3 points

That would be a downward curve Brussell.

I think he was referring to his waistline when he mentioned curves.
    That would be when he says "we have a mountain to climb".