Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When do you start taking notice of the League Table?

Comments

• Options
    Round about mid-August.
  • Options
    It's such a long season that even 10 games can be misleading. I remember the Parky season when us and Leeds started brilliantly and looked like great shouts for automatic promotion. Both of us stuttered, Leeds scraped across the line, we fell down to 4th
  • Options
    Not specifically certain amount of games in but normally around the beginning of October, then at Christmas, then in February and of course nearer the end.

I suppose that coincides with splitting it to 12, 23/24, 33-36 and near the 46.

After 12 you can see things starting to take shape. Christmas would never be far too different to how it'll end but certain teams can end up changing dramatically. February is leaving things very late to change positions unless it's incredibly tight or a team goes on a super run like Reading did a few years back.

As Powell did in the League One winning season, he split the fixtures into mini leagues and looked at things that way. We all know how that worked out.

Not panicking or exactly looking until we have played Coventry in October.
  • Options
    Also, after Saturday against Oxford away, our next 4 are at home against what you would call poorer opposition in this league. That's massive, we have to get a good return from those if we want to be challenging at all.
  • Options
    Half time on the first game! That year we won our first 4 games in the prem I was giving it large!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

^^^^^ Look everyone - we have found the optimistic Charlton fan!

(I hope you are right, Sam)

Haha, living in hope at all times! I just think once we click and get into the nitty gritty of the league we'll start putting results together, but it won't be consistent enough to bother the top 3-4 clubs. 6th in the league and playoff semifinal heartbreak against Sheffield United is my guess
    That will be when they finally come good!

Little pointer for those who say they only look come may, season ends on 3oth April this year ;)

• Options
    If interested I would look from first game but only make deductions as to what it might mean from about game 12.
    I find myself not interested this year, so haven't look much at all.
  • Options
    I like the league tables before the season has started. The tables are usually in alphabetical order and Charlton always like promotion hopefuls at that stage.
  • Options
    Don't worry, each year we improve our ranking huh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After we lose to Millwall for the 2nd time this season
  • Options
    I've still got a framed league table when we were top of the premier league after 1 game.
  • Options
    I start taking notice of the League table when we are on our 3rd head coach of the Season.
  • Options
    Every week because our league position determines my outlook on life. Middle-aged, down-trodden, brow-beaten, cynical, prone to bouts of anger and rage, especially the last two years. Please, please go or die so there is a chance to break the vicious circle, otherwise I fear I may throw the towel in completely.
  • Options

I've still got a framed league table when we were top of the premier league after 1 game.

I feel geeky ?

2nd game we went top after the 5-0 thrashing of the Saints with super clive's hat trick.

1st game was 0-0 at Newcastle.
  • Options

I feel geeky ?

2nd game we went top after the 5-0 thrashing of the Saints with super clive's hat trick.

1st game was 0-0 at Newcastle.
    yep that was our first season up.

the one I got is from 2005 after 1 game and also there's one where we're top after 1 game in 2000.
  • Options
    Last season I looked at the table at Christmas and realised we were totally screwed. I might wait until February this season...
  • Options
    International break and no league games for 2 weeks. Fail to win tomorrow, then will the League table need taking a look at?
  • Options
    We're still not in the relegation zone......
  • Options
    January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look at the table whenever you want to. We will end up where we will end up.(Deep) Personally I think we have more chance of bottom 3 than the Play-offs. I reckon Nightmare and Our Lord and Master will panic around xmas and sack Slade then its down from there on in. Only when they are gone will things improve and that's a Fact.
  • Options
    17th after 14 games. Anyone concerned and now looking at the league table?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Not really, we're not going down unless something massive happens and we probably should be mid-table if we didn't piss away leads. Think we'll improve a little and are on for my prediction of 12th-14th.

It's not good, but I'm not concerned.
  • Options
    No way will we go down. As poor as we've been, we're only 6 points off the play offs and would arguably be in them if Slade wasn't so negative and we didn't gave away so many points late on in games.
    We'll beat enough teams to be ok for a finish 9th-12th i think.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    With Slade in charge Relegation shouldn't be ruled out.
    I don't think we will go down and also think Slades apparent target of mid table medeority is a possibility - only if it's somebody else is managing the team though.
  • Options
    Very tight league with no outstandingly good or bad sides it seems.

In such a situation attitude and morale become more important than usual and I fear ours could be found wanting when the pressure mounts particularly if Slade loses the dressing room.

In the unlikely event of us securing a couple of 'proper'midfielders in January my view might prove to be pessimistic but as it stands I just hope that there are four worst teams than us in the division.

Yes we may have only lost 3 but we've only won 3 too. Any points away from home are always positive but we seem to be drawing or losing at home apart from Shrewsbury and Coventry, both of whom are struggling in the bottom four.

Chesterfield on Saturday is already looking like a six pointer!
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Not really, we're not going down unless something massive happens and we probably should be mid-table if we didn't piss away leads. Think we'll improve a little and are on for my prediction of 12th-14th.

It's not good, but I'm not concerned.
    I said that this time last season... I'm certain!
  • Options
    If we finish between 10th to 16th Slade will have carried out his remit from Duchatelet for this season.
  • Options
    I used to love looking at the league table and would follow it from game one. Nowadays it means nothing to me, to I just check towards the end of the season that the fools are on course for more failure.