Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New liberal club

Has anyone been in there yet if so what are your views....Went in there last week, not totally impressed to be honest. A lot smaller and not enough seats. Bar area miniscule, staff cant get past each other...also beer going up in October.

Comments

• Options
    I liked it, remember there is going to be a basement floor which wasn't ready on Saturday.
  • Options
    Will give it a few weeks before i decide to move on elsewhere if there are any alternatives.
  • Options
    Seemed good.

Agreed about lack of chairs and tables and there wasn't much room but it isn't finished yet.

There was a football scratchcard going around which is always a good sign. Money was to pay for cafc memorabilia to go on the walls.
  • Options

Seemed good.

Agreed about lack of chairs and tables and there wasn't much room but it isn't finished yet.

There was a football scratchcard going around which is always a good sign. Money was to pay for cafc memorabilia to go on the walls.

no pinching for the museum Henry!
  • Options

Seemed good.

Was thinking of offering some of our excess stuff on loan
  • Options

Seemed good.

good man
  • Options
    Liked it, agreed smaller, but you got to look beyond matchday huge place empty.

Beer going up still will be cheaper than the pubs and beer goes up all the time.

New furniture will be coming as well the old stuff is just temp.

I like it
  • Options
    Well there is a surprise another post moaning about the club. No doubt you made some suggestions.?

Personally i like it, its a place to have a beer with your mates before and after the game.
  • Options

Seemed good.

Can we expect to see Tony Watt as a greeter as the Liberal Club soon then?
  • Options
    It will be good when it's all complete. It's certainly better than it was when just the left side was open.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thats why theres a "list" to keep the riff raff OUT
  • Options
    It's early days and still needs to be completed. It was OK though and for me it's only a place to meet up with mates for a beer before the game.
  • Options
    Is it still a CIU club?
  • Options
    Blinding little spot, juke box on the go post match
  • Options

Is it still a CIU club?

Yes

• Options
    Aside from match days, who goes in there?
  • Options

Is it still a CIU club?

The CIU was established by a chap named Henry Solly, the only other Solly I've ever heard off.

(I'm not good with facts or shit, I didn't have a clue what CIU was. So rather than risk another James/Jimmy saga, I did a quick google)
  • Options

Well there is a surprise another post moaning about the club. No doubt you made some suggestions.?

Personally i like it, its a place to have a beer with your mates before and after the game.

Perhaps i should of lied then.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I personally know how hard people worked make it a better club.Getting up hours before it opens to make sure that the club is in set up just for people to moan. Know doubt you have paid your annual membership? If you can still find a cheaper pint where prior or after a game when the prices do go up maybe you should have a booze there. As stated earlier did you say anything on Saturday or do you just moan on a forum?

It must be great in your perfect world, would be great to how you would have laid the club out, made it better, and receive your input Chippycafc.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I personally know people have worked hard to make it a better club. Know doubt you have paid your annual membership? If you can still find a cheaper pint where prior or after a game when the prizes do go up maybe you should have a booze there. As stated earlier did you say anything on Saturday or do you just moan on a forum?
    Didn't know they were giving out prizes, sounds great
  • Options

Thought it was great got in there at one, left about 11 and could just about walk, crackin place.

And still never bought a beer in all that time.
  • Options

Thought it was great got in there at one, left about 11 and could just about walk, crackin place.

@WhenIwasLittleBoy moaning again, slagging off another fan, always so negative

: - )
  • Options
    What's a "New Liberal"? Is that like "New Labour", only wetter?
  • Options
    I have been a member of three C&I clubs over the years (now two) and the Lib is the only one that I have been refused to. That was in the Premiership days (dream on) when match tickets were given priority. Which I believe was illegal.
  • Options

Thanks henry looks like you cant make genuine comments without someone ripping your head off. I. Get up early work hard and have to put up with people's views all day. Good job i dont take that attitude. For the record i am a FULL paid up member and yes i did give my views. Many othef that day shared my comments.
  • Options

Thanks henry looks like you cant make genuine comments without someone ripping your head off. I. Get up early work hard and have to put up with people's views all day. Good job i dont take that attitude. For the record i am a FULL paid up member and yes i did give my views. Many othef that day shared my comments.
    Bin man then
  • Options
    Building services engineering management consultrant.
  • Options
    Bog cleaner