Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton | Sat 24 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

I predicted a draw on Tuesday, albeit 1-1, I'm thinking we may get a 2-0 victory tomorrow, but in the hope that Holmes is back, if not maybe another draw. Match thread from 1.45.

Always massively, massively appreciated RM. Didn't get a chance to say it Tuesday but I was in meetings and demos during almost the entire match so was following the match thread and really appreciate it (might have also had HDPlayer playing cheekily in the background some of the time).
  • Options
    Slade will do the same as at Scunthorpe with a solid defence and play on the counter

1-1
  • Options
    Good to see the confidence surging through this thread, wins being predicted all over the place. I hope you are all correct.
  • Options

Good to see the confidence surging through this thread, wins being predicted all over the place. I hope you are all correct.

I think we have all forgotten the Stroud factor.
  • Options
    I just double checked and we are in League 1.
    So we can say that was a good point at the leaders on Tuesday.
    winning at Chelsea 1-0 two years in a row now feels a life time ago not just over a decade.

2-0 CAFC to confuse the mixed up fans even more.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Oxford 0-4 Charlton Lookman, Holmes, Magennis, Jackson.
  • Options
    Our cup final. 5-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I just double checked and we are in League 1.
    So we can say that was a good point at the leaders on Tuesday
    winning at Chelsea 1-0 two years in a row now feels a life time ago not just over a decade.

2-0 CAFC to confuse the mixed up fans even more.

Hear hear.

I also like the notion of guessing whatever result will most confuse supporters
  • Options

I predicted a draw on Tuesday, albeit 1-1, I'm thinking we may get a 2-0 victory tomorrow, but in the hope that Holmes is back, if not maybe another draw. Match thread from 1.45.

I'm going to Oxford tomorrow having just got back from Cyprus.
    Many thanks for your match threads from last 2 matches much appreciated RM
  • Options
    Oxford United are a stronger team than AFC Wimbledon and, unusually, with no overage players. Expect lots of fast, fit football. Their assistant manager, Derek Fazackerley, was part of the England set up with Les Reed.

Another test of character for us. Had we won the Wimbledon game a draw here would have been perfectly acceptable - we've now got to bust our guts to stay in contention.

1-1
  • Options
    1:3 Reds, Lookman hat trick
  • Options
    think we will put in a good shift and get a win, could be a great day out, a sell out crowd, by sounds of it packing out the pubs early doors, and will be a new ground to tick off the list for me. que a 4-0 loss.
  • Options
    We've lost already because we have stroud.
  • Options
    Unfortunately cant get tickests from this - tried Oxford but unfortunately they are only selling to members as lots of charlton fans trying!
  • Options
    Anybody got a couple of spares?
  • Options
    Apparently they were the best team in league 2 last season with only a hairsbreadth 13 points between them and the champions Northampton Town.

Expect an overwhelming sense of entitlement from the home stands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'Ive got one spare ticket with 65+ in biro on the counterfoil.
  • Options
    Thanks - I have been offered a couple.
  • Options
    1-2 win JJ & mageniss with the goals
  • Options
    I'm meant to be going which will probably be the kiss of death to our chances!
  • Options
    How can you have a good feeling for this one with Stroud as ref.
  • Options
    adrian said:

How can you have a good feeling for this one with Stroud as ref.

Hopefully he has a repeat of his performance during the Rotherham match for us.

I hate him as a referee and was very critical of him when I knew he was taking charge of the match but felt he handled that game really well last season (i.e. ignored one blatant dive for a pen for them and handled Makienok when when the fans were calling for a red card when he simply collided with one of their players)... Although thats the ONLY time I've seen him do well in charge of us
  • Options
    2-1 WIN. Lookman and Bauer
  • Options
    I really hope that Holmes is fit. Given his outstanding form last season in League 2, he may generate a fear factor for Oxford, notwithstanding their strong home form (10 points this season to our 5 at The Valley).

A difficult one to call but I certainly fancy us to take something from the game.
  • Options
    14-0 to us, every player scoring one goal each, even the 3 subs (Rudd takes and scores 89th minute penalty just to take the piss)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    sam3110 said:

14-0 to us, every player scoring one goal each, even the 3 subs (Rudd takes and scores 89th minute penalty just to take the piss)

There is a thin white line between ball bollocking madness and blind optimism Sam... I like it!!!