Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Hunt hat-trick

At Norwich. Great result and Dean Kiely played a blinder.

Best of the three from Hunt who played up front was the header from a Johnny Robbo cross.

Not a good day for Bruce Rioch.

Comments

• Options
    great day out - rivers of booze I seem to recall...
  • Options
    The only problem with threads like this is they remind us of what we had and have now lost.

#RolandOut
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Andy hunt was a superb player . His ball control and hold up play were brilliant . Often when I think of my favourite Charlton XI, I can't split him
    and Clive for who partners D Bent up front
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Hunt had a great left foot. He was superb that year - if he hadn't got ill he would have pushed on in the Prem and been a bit of a late developer like Grant Holt or Rickie Lambert imo
  • Options
    I was there. And if I remember correctly we were on our way to the ticket office when these charlton fans were on their way home for whatever reason and gave us their tickets and would not take money for them. Great days.
  • Options
    Backed him as top goal scorer that season. Thank you Andy.
  • Options
    Was a cracking day out not spoiled by the spotters and ob trying to make the train dry
  • Options
    Saw this thread title and my first thought was "Which one?"
    - How many other Charlton players would that be true of?

Was at that Norwich match, must have been about 13 years old, absolutely loved it. Went with my family, some of whom are Norwich fans - remember them being distinctly quiet afterwards!
  • Options
    One of my fave away days, cracking day out.
  • Options
    A local Norfolk fella also to really rub it in!

Yes, a cracking 'away day' is Norwich. After doing Scunthorpe I didn't make the trip to Oxford yesterday so decided to walk the 3 miles to Carrow Road to watch their game v Burton (yes, Burton of the Championship!). Beautiful sunny day, few pints on the river, half a decent game, then spoilt by the Charlton result and reports. Still, my £1 acca came in delivering a tidy £138!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A great footballer's brain. Never really got the backing of the home crowd as he often scored away. A real shame, as his was in the form/prime of his career.