Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Hessenthaler sacked by Leyton Orient

Another manager sacked by Orient, that's 7 since Becchitti took over in 2014!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37472541

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Surely they will want Slade back?
  • Rumours circulating that the O's will be disbanding their academy next season. Thus relying on bringing in other clubs released boys that don't get scholarships. All cost cutting by another mad cap owner.
  • Sure they will want Slade back?

Why would he go there, a club even more badly run than our own?
    markmc68 said:

Rumours circulating that the O's will be disbanding their academy next season. Thus relying on bringing in other clubs released boys that don't get scholarships. All cost cutting by another mad cap owner.

I can sort of see the logic, with bigger clubs poaching the best youngsters from smaller academies for minimal compensation fees, then dumping loads of players when they get a bit older. Why not pick up these players instead and save the cost of an academy...
  • edited September 2016
    markmc68 said:

Rumours circulating that the O's will be disbanding their academy next season. Thus relying on bringing in other clubs released boys that don't get scholarships. All cost cutting by another mad cap owner.

Brentford do this aswell. http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/brentford-academy-restructuring-11.05.16-3109002.aspx

I believe the exact figure is 0.01% of academy boys up to 12 ever play professional football.

markmc68 said:

I can sort of see the logic, with bigger clubs poaching the best youngsters from smaller academies for minimal compensation fees, then dumping loads of players when they get a bit older. Why not pick up these players instead and save the cost of an academy...
    It was more wishful thinking on my part :smiley: I want Karel Fraeye back, I like a manager in a waistcoat - can't see Slade wearing one - he'd look more like Shirley Crabtree.
  • Actually knew about this at 9am this morning went public at 12 couldn't find a market to back him as next manager to be sacked.

markmc68 said:

It was more wishful thinking on my part :smiley: I want Karel Fraeye back, I like a manager in a waistcoat - can't see Slade wearing one - he'd look more like Shirley Crabtree.
    Lol
  • Actually knew about this at 9am this morning went public at 12 couldn't find a market to back him as next manager to be sacked.

Cheat!
  • Surely they will want Slade back?

Just clearing some some space in the boot, will be at Sparrows Lane in 20.

Only joking...
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

Surely they will want Slade back?

Just clearing some some space in the boot, will be at Sparrows Lane in 20.

Only joking...
    Yeah you'll never get Slade in the boot of your little banger ;)
  • He will never die !
  • Apparently the chairman actually picks the team over there, the manager has very little to do with running the team other than taking training, imagine if Roland was picking the team over here...oh wait a minute...
  • markmc68 said:

I think EPPP will drive most clubs outside Cat1 in this direction. Not a mad cap owner but a mad cap FA for introducing such a crap rule.
  • Makes you realise how lucky we are to have our owners dunnit
  • markmc68 said:

I think EPPP will drive most clubs outside Cat1 in this direction. Not a mad cap owner but a mad cap FA for introducing such a crap rule.
    I agree. There is significant risk for smaller clubs, especially those that can't offer players with real potential a chance at playing in the top two divisions. At best you secure a few quid in compensation every few years, at worse the Academy drains money that could be used to pay for players for the first team that might have significantly more potential.

Just looking at our Academy players that we didn't retain like Campbell-Rice, Michael Turner and Harry Arter that all left us then went on to sign for lower division clubs and either made money when they were sold on or stayed and took a place in their sides that would have cost a transfer fee. Ultimately signing a player at 18 or 19 that has played a few games in the football league and been released makes more sense (even if it's on higher wages) than having, literally, hundreds of boys go through the youth system that never play a first team game.