Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the point crying for Slade to be sacked when......

2»

Comments

• Options

Because the players we have are good enough to beat Oldham fucking athletic, he just left half our attacking threat on the bench cos he's shite

Without a decent midfield to supply the forward line it is going to be a struggle.

Perhaps this can be sorted in January with new signings.
  • Options

Who would replace Slade, no experienced UK manager would even apply.

Once Slade gets outed they'll revert back to type and bring in another nobody from abroad.
  • Options

What we don't need to do is turn on each other!!!, I don't go to home games last one I went to was Brentford last year, away games I go to as many as I can, was genuinely gonna come down on Saturday but trains are up the spout.

Get the bus!
  • Options
    The midfield is not good enough and that is Slade's fault. He told us that he had decisions on transfers when he joined. He told us that Meire was great a number of times in the summer. He told us to be patient.

I found it strange that an English manager with so much experience was gullible enough to fall for our owners nonsense but in reality, as has been pointed out I suspect he had been found out and his average at best CV was not good enough to get another job which is why he agreed to manage for Vincent Tan and then us.
  • Options
    If you think it's bad now wait until January and when the pitches get heavy. The legless midfield will be even worse.

Add to that there's likely to be at least 3 players sold with little if anything brought in, it's going to be a long season...... if results continue and by Christmas we are either in or just above the relegation zone I think RD will revert to type and sack him and go back to the network...... I reckon he spits feathers weekly that he was talked into this and will soon pull rank again.

Slades not exactly at the cutting edge of management but had he not of stood his ground on transfers I think the squad would be even worse. He's one of very few experienced U.K. Managers who'd work for these idiots, for that alone I take my hat off to him, think he's bonkers though.....
  • Options
    Of all the problems at the club, Slade isn't the biggest.
  • Options

Of all the problems at the club, Slade isn't the biggest.

You say that....
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2016

Because the players we have are good enough to beat Oldham fucking athletic, he just left half our attacking threat on the bench cos he's shite

Without a decent midfield to supply the forward line it is going to be a struggle.

What happens before then @ElfsborgAddick ? There is a lot of games before then.

The attack should be ok with decent service and a proper central midfield behind it. Defence has quality and should be rock solid with a decent midfield infront of it.

I would move Holmes into centre midfield with Botaka on the right, Lookman on the left, for the energy alone put Ulvestad & one other holding centre midfield. If the formation works think about bringing in one of the development squad midfielders. Magennis as lead striker and should not be so far forward that his knock downs go no where and try to play to feet. Move the ball quickly.

The back line is ok. Leaving the centre midfield with combinations of one paced Jackson, Crofts / Foley is never going to work. The middle and spine of the team needs to be strong. At present there is a gaping hole in the centre of the pitch that is wrecking the team.

I am not sure that I have faith in Slade to change things around and address the key problem in the team though. Anyone who thinks Crofts is the answer is a bit of a worry. Come on Russell Slade sort it out. I know that you have been dealt with a shit hand but you can play the cards better than what you are doing. Something's got to give.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Meire just does not know enough about English football to enable her to appoint a decent manager .. Slade was a pragmatic, compromise, first man available appointment ..

We, i.e. CAFC should break the bank (if it's still intact that is) sack Slade and go for Justin Edinburgh and keep him for the long term .. we should also get Edinburgh to bring in Bradley Dack before someone else grabs him .. pay the money, swallow the pride and DO IT .. and I do appreciate that Dack or anyone else decent will a) cost heavily and b) not be available until January

EDIT .. I left out a VERY important NOT in between 'know and does' ((:>)
  • Options
    vff said:

What happens before then @ElfsborgAddick ? There is a lot of games before then.

The attack should be ok with decent service and a proper central midfield behind it. Defence has quality and should be rock solid with a decent midfield infront of it.

I would move Holmes into centre midfield with Botaka on the right, Lookman on the left, for the energy alone put Ulvestad & one other holding centre midfield. If the formation works think about bringing in one of the development squad midfielders. Magennis as lead striker and should not be so far forward that his knock downs go no where and try to play to feet. Move the ball quickly.

The back line is ok. Leaving the centre midfield with combinations of one paced Jackson, Crofts / Foley is never going to work. The middle and spine of the team needs to be strong. At present there is a gaping hole in the centre of the pitch that is wrecking the team.

I am not sure that I have faith in Slade to change things around and address the key problem in the team though. Anyone who thinks Crofts is the answer is a bit of a worry. Come on Russell Slade sort it out. I know that you have been dealt with a shit hand but you can play the cards better than what you are doing. Something's got to give.
    So are you proposing paying five across the middle or have I misread you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Meire just does know enough about English football to enable her to appoint a decent manager .. Slade was a pragmatic, compromise, first man available appointment ..

We, i.e. CAFC should break the bank (if it's still intact that is) sack Slade and go for Justin Edinburgh and keep him for the long term .. we should also get Edinburgh to bring in Bradley Dack before someone else grabs him .. pay the money, swallow the pride and DO IT .. and I do appreciate that Dack or anyone else decent will a) cost heavily and b) not be available until January

The worry remains how much say the manager has in signings and selections. I know Slade insists he is in charge, but he's hardly going to throw his hands up and admit he sold out to get the job. Previous incumbents have detailed the levels of interference, and while the slicker PR campaign are keen to insist Duchatalet and Meire have seen the light, has anyone any evidence they have, aside from some 'meetings' with vetted and approved 'supporter groups'.

We got Slade mainly because almost nobody else was prepared to come to The Valley. If they fire him there is no reason things would be different in terms of those applying for the post.
  • Options
    Unfortunately for Slade, he was brought in late, players were brought in late, he had to panic buy towards the end of the window and ended up with only a partially completed team. One thing that this regime is good at is not allowing successive managers to build a proper squad. We might get one or two half decent signings, but we always end up short somewhere along the line. Our midfield is horrendous right now, and it was clear it was a problem even in the pre-season, but it was never addressed. That said, we should expect to beat some of the teams we have lost to this season and Slade has to take some blame for his poor team selection and negative tactics.
  • Options
    Slade will have us in footballing terms just treading water. He's negative and lacking in both attacking ambition and tactical nous.

He might well be stabilising and standing up to the regime but under his stewardship we are going nowhere.

Club is a shitmonster and I've no idea what will happen.