Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Day Today

13»

Comments

• Options

Should have seen the steward's face as he popped the balloon I had just blown up. He could crush a grape. He was itching for a fight.

I've seen that steward before looking for aggro. Absolute tool.
    He told balloons off a couple of lads before he came over to me, one was about 4 and the other about 6. FFS.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Loads in lower west but like me not knowing what for! Threw four pigs and that cost me a fiver a pig!!!! Feel I should have led a charge or something and maybe more would have followed.

I know what you mean. Once the pig thing was over, that was it.
    I was hoping there was something planned that I didn't know about.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Just been confronted by stewards in blue, for blowing up balloons.

Ask them to give you a hand :wink: .
    Did they fuck, jumped up shit on the radio to control asking what to do. Told me I wasn't allowed to blow up balloons.. One steward had a body cam.
    Only being a decoy for the banner that was being put out from the upper west.
    Good to meet @ForestHillAddick
    Good to meet you too Guinness. Once again, thanks for the help.
  • Options

Should have seen the steward's face as he popped the balloon I had just blown up. He could crush a grape. He was itching for a fight.

Is that Donald Trump bottom left? Spose that explains the extra security....
  • Options
    Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

Loads in lower west but like me not knowing what for! Threw four pigs and that cost me a fiver a pig!!!! Feel I should have led a charge or something and maybe more would have followed.

Agree, I was a bit confused to why I'd been directed by CARD to sit there when there was nothing planned. I thought after the pigs the afternoon was a bit flat BUT on reflection in terms of getting media attention that's all that was needed so good work.

(Just wish I'd sat somewhere cheaper as I was only in the West Lower under instruction... Not happy putting £45 in the rat's pocket for me and my boys when I could have chucked pigs onto the pitch from anywhere in the ground.)

As I say I'm not moaning as the publicity from the afternoon is possibly the best yet, would be interesting to know why we were asked to buy in the West Lower though.
  • Options

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

Agree, I was a bit confused to why I'd been directed by CARD to sit there when there was nothing planned. I thought after the pigs the afternoon was a bit flat BUT on reflection in terms of getting media attention that's all that was needed so good work.

(Just wish I'd sat somewhere cheaper as I was only in the West Lower under instruction... Not happy putting £45 in the rat's pocket for me and my boys when I could have chucked pigs onto the pitch from anywhere in the ground.)

As I say I'm not moaning as the publicity from the afternoon is possibly the best yet, would be interesting to know why we were asked to buy in the West Lower though.
    Can't answer that question directly but it did demonstrate that the protest against the regime reached all areas of the ground and it would have been impossible for Meire not to have have seen the numbers of protest shirts and scarfs in close proximity as she sat towards the back of the directors box in effect besieged - it can't have been comfortable for her as others have commented.

Also, from where I was in the West Lower - got right into the eye-line of Sue Perks who looked suitably
    appalled and disgusted (her word) at every 'stand-up' protest and at one stage flapping her arms like some early 20th century attempt at powered flight in order to try to make people sit down!
  • Options

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

Can't answer that question directly but it did demonstrate that the protest against the regime reached all areas of the ground and it would have been impossible for Meire not to have have seen the numbers of protest shirts and scarfs in close proximity as she sat towards the back of the directors box in effect besieged - it can't have been comfortable for her as others have commented.

Also, from where I was in the West Lower - got right into the eye-line of Sue Perks who looked suitably
    appalled and disgusted (her word) at every 'stand-up' protest and at one stage flapping her arms like some early 20th century attempt at powered flight in order to try to make people sit down!
    This. It was pretty obvious it was an attempt to surround the directors box and make it a hostile environment for her. It was also implied in the card statement that you should buy a ticket in the cheaper blocks then move into the middle. The aim of it was pretty obvious. Anti regime songs around the directors box all game! This of us in D block certainly obliged!
  • Options

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

WUM or what ?

The main protested surrounded the Directors box where Katrien Meire sits.
    I'm waiting for the whoooosh ?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

Really ? You never knew that Meire sits in the Director's box and the implied purpose was to sing and demonstrate, in close proximity ?
    Weird as in weird :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

WUM or what ?

OK, OK, I should clarify... I knew that we were going to be targeting the directors box, but from where I was sat it seemed a bit muted - plus the chanting seemed to be mainly aimed at Roland rather than the liar.

I had my two boys with me and didn't want to get too close to the directors box in case it kicked off and had wondered whether there'd be some kind of banner waving for the TV cameras, or something else that involved numbers in the West. Part of me was hoping that we'd have the West Lower packed and there'd be a peaceful pitch invasion, for example.

So.... I'm not being a complete dunce here, honest, I just thought there might have been something more sophisticated than just shouting at Pinocchio...

(and just to reiterate I'm not criticising anything about yesterday other than I thought the West Lower tactic was a little understated - last season there were people protesting in front of Katie so I didn't think that in itself would have warranted the suggestion of buying tickets there)
  • Options
    We were asked to sit in the west i think because CARD thought the Nets would be back up for the match.
  • Options

Uboat said:

kentred2 said:

WUM or what ?

OK, OK, I should clarify... I knew that we were going to be targeting the directors box, but from where I was sat it seemed a bit muted - plus the chanting seemed to be mainly aimed at Roland rather than the liar.

I had my two boys with me and didn't want to get too close to the directors box in case it kicked off and had wondered whether there'd be some kind of banner waving for the TV cameras, or something else that involved numbers in the West. Part of me was hoping that we'd have the West Lower packed and there'd be a peaceful pitch invasion, for example.

So.... I'm not being a complete dunce here, honest, I just thought there might have been something more sophisticated than just shouting at Pinocchio...

(and just to reiterate I'm not criticising anything about yesterday other than I thought the West Lower tactic was a little understated - last season there were people protesting in front of Katie so I didn't think that in itself would have warranted the suggestion of buying tickets there)
    I'm with you on this one. Don't quite get the bewildered responses.
  • Options
    I think also sitting in the lower west was encouraged because there was no risk of them erecting a large net in front, on order to prevent pigs getting on the pitch