Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Port Vale v Charlton

Your marks please 0.5 to 10.0

Rudd:
Solly:
Fox:
Bauer:
Lennon:
Holmes:
Crofts:
Ulvestad:
Jackson:
Lookman:
Magennis:

Hanlan: n/a
Novak: n/a
Chicksen: n/a

Comments

• Options
    Let me start off by saying I have no idea who was at fault for the penalty or if it even was a penalty, I couldn't see it from our end.

This game was particularly frustrating as we played far better than we did against Coventry.

Rudd - 6 great save in the first half but uncharacteristicly dropped a couple of crosses, the weather was awful though so it must have been difficult.

Solly - 6 didn't notice him much to be honest, hard to say what he did.

Bauer - 7 heads the ball well, decent passer.

Lennon - 6 heads the ball well but prone to the occasional mistake and not the best at passing.

Fox - 6 again, didn't notice him but defended well enough.

Holmes - 8 a consistent threat, his passing can be off at times but he scares defences and when his passes come off we score, why take him off? And for a left back?! Madness.

Jackson - 5.5 sounds harsh but the only times I noticed him he was misplacing a pass or giving away a foul.

Ulvstead - 8 MoM for me, runs all over the pitch, is our only creative central midfielder that will drive forward and can tackle too! He was the reason our 4-5-1 formation worked for so much of the game.

Crofts - 6.5 played well enough considering his limitations, his short passes found the mark pretty much every time.

Lookman - 7 hugged the left wing rather than his position behind Magennis, played generally well, knocked some great cross field passes to Holmes. As ever some of his flicks and runs came off, others didn't. His substitution I didn't mind so much as Hanlan is fairly similar and is equally attacking.

Magennis - 7.5 works his arse off, very likeable player, wins headers.

Hanlan - had a great chance as he went 1-1 with the keeper, is a lively player that wants to change the game so I'm willing to give him time.

Novak - he's not Magennis

Chicken - no idea, he barely touched the ball, was he really our best option to play left wing?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Rudd: 7
    Solly: 6.5
    Fox: 6.5
    Bauer: 7.5
    Lennon: 6.5 minus 0.5 for conceding the penalty
    Holmes: 8
    Crofts: 6.5
    Ulvestad: 7 plus 0.5 for the goal
    Jackson: 6.5
    Lookman: 7
    Magennis: 6.5 not as effective suffering from fatigue a bit I reckon

Hanlan: raw jury still out for me
    Novak: not on long enough to judge
    Chicksen: as above
  • Options
    Solly: 6
    Fox: 6
    Bauer: 7 Getting back to his best
    Lennon: 5.5
    Holmes: 8 A good game, with some lovely crossing on the run. The same cannot be said for his dead ball delivery
    Crofts: 7
    Ulvestad: 8.5 Starting to look a classy player at this level. Some lovely movement with and without the ball. Shame he missed an easy header.
    Jackson: 5
    Lookman: 6 A rather annoying performance. Held onto the ball too long and got got caught in posession several times. Corners and free kicks woeful, but then the odd moment of shear class
    Magennis: 8 Another battling performance, giving the Vale centre backs a hard time. Unlucky not to score
  • Options
    Solly: 6.5, couldn't help feeling that a wingback that could more effectively overlap with Holmes would make a huge difference.
    Fox: 6.5
    Bauer: 7
    Lennon: 6.5
    Holmes: 8.5
    Crofts: 7
    Ulvestad: 8.5
    Jackson: 6.5
    Lookman: 6.5 somehow is not really fitting in with the team, needs to work on his attacking partnerships
    Magennis: 7.5 A good battling performance, sometimes went down a bit to easy, but made a real nuisance of himself.
  • Options

Rudd: 7 solid enough. Shame about the penalty.
    Solly: 7 thought he played well defensively. Could link up with Holmes better though.
    Fox: 7 made the poor clearance for the penalty but it's not his fault. The blame lies with Slade.
    Bauer: 7 solid.
    Lennon: 6.5 good and bad. Looked a weak link at the back but not overly so. Think it was his tackle that led to the penalty. As Fox, not his fault. I blame Slade.
    Holmes: 8.5 this guy is different class. So good and so energetic that he was brought off with 7 minutes left.
    Crofts: 7 does the basics very well.
    Ulvestad: 7.5 could've had a hat trick. Nice goal too. Think he's growing as a player.
    Jackson: 6 went missing at times but he's our leader. Can never knock him in terms of effort.
    Lookman: 6.5 we have the best two wingers in the league. They marked him well though
    Magennis: 7.5 solid at the back when needed and a great player with the ball in the air and at his feet. For those reasons, he was taken off by Slade.

Hanlan: n/a agree with bringing him on as we needed to stretch the game. He had a decent cameo.
    Novak: n/a felt he was introduced for the sake of being introduced.
    Chicksen: n/a as Novak. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Slade - -10. The chants were justified. His actions caused us to drop two points. His post match interview was disgusting really. If he was to leave tomorrow, I wouldn't be upset.
  • Options
    Rudd: 6.5
    Solly: 6
    Fox: 6
    Bauer: 7
    Lennon: 6
    Holmes: 7.5
    Crofts: 6
    Ulvestad: 8
    Jackson: 5
    Lookman: 7
    Magennis: 6.5