Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Return of banner

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016

My reply to the club.

Thanks.

I will probably be with you between 1-2pm, depending on when I can take my break at work. Just in case you have a whole pile of confiscated banners, mine is the one with the first line "A message to you RD".

Cheers
    Mark

Don't forget to collect your balloons as well.
  • Options
    Did you get the little pigs back, too?
  • Options
    Well done @ForestHillAddick

Why don't you attach a bit of elastic to it and tie the other end round your ankle. Get it pinging back to you automatically. Will save you a trip to the Valley after every home game. :wink:
  • Options
    Damn! Forgot to ask for the pigs. Let's hope the kids have forgotten
  • Options

The club gave my banner back with a smile and a handshake. Thanks Jack.

What was the reason given to take that banner ?

I seriously cannot see how that can be deemed offensive.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Because it was a banner CE and they were probably instructed to remove all banners, much like they were confiscating the plain black/white balloons I had distributed as a decoy, even from young kids. It wasn't so much a lack of common sense as a lack of any sense at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCZN1rU5co

Katrien Meire says Don't Argue

Why must you record my phone calls?
    Are you planning a dictator state?
    Said you've been threatened by gangsters
    Now it's you, that's threatening me

Can't fight corruption with con tricks
    They use the law to commit crime
    And I dread, dread to think what the future will bring
    When we're living in Roland and Katrien time...
  • Options
    Thanks for the compliment Stig, it was inspiration born of desperation tbh. I had been promised a free ticket so long as I put a banner up overhanging the west lower. At about 6pm on the Friday my mind and the curtain were equally blank. Then I thought about the joint protest and giving a nod to Coventry, and Two Tone was the first thing that came to mind, followed seconds later by the song title.

In answer to Q1. I think they just confiscated the banner just because it was a banner and because they were really pissed off that my distraction ploy of handing out a few balloons for people to blow up meant they did not see me walk down to the front of the tier, tie the banner to a rail, untie it because I had tied it too tight, tie it again and then walk off. I was back in my seat by the time they noticed it. I very much doubt they bothered to read what it said, that's if they were even able to.
    As for Q2. Feel free to use the photo. Anything that gives the protest more positive coverage is good by me.
  • Options
    Or you could use this photo....
  • Options

Staying in The Specials' theme don't forget "Guilty 'til Proved Innocent!." Wee Tony probably thinks of himself as a "Conquering Ruler".

I like that line they dedicated to Tony's mum and dad: Ain't you heard of contraception?