Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do we have another CM?

haven't watched much of the development squad or youth teams this season but is there not any CM's that could inject a bit of pace or creativity into our midfield? true don't want to put players in too young but our CM position is so weak and is where are problems are.

Or do we really only have crofts, ulvestad and Jackson?

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Aribo, Muldoon, Charles-Cook and Kennedy I think are the main midfielders, as well as Dijksteel but he's definitely a holding midfielder
  • Ulvestad is as good as you could hope for, but he does need a more defensive partner. Would like to see Dijksteel given a game.
  • Ulvestad and Kennedy would be an intriguing and very attacking pair.
  • We have Ba
  • Leuth said:

Ulvestad and Kennedy would be an intriguing and very attacking pair.

Slade won't put up with that.
  • A good prospect is George Lapslie, but he needs to be nurtured not exposed and exploited.
    Aribo and Dijksteel are good too. But at that level Tex has played well, but not used like last night.
    I am not confident about the agenda and methodology when it comes to introducing players into the first team.
  • We've got a KM - looks OK at first glance.

However ...

Very stubborn and not much positional sense or awareness of what's going on around them.

Struggling to understand the English/British game, needs to work on rapport with the supporters.
  • Charles Cook is the man but looks like slade is not keen based on squad for the Crawley game.
  • Sponsored links:

• We've got a KM - looks OK at first glance.

However ...

Very stubborn and not much positional sense or awareness of what's going on around them.

Struggling to understand the English/British game, needs to work on rapport with the supporters.

That description could fit our Russel at the moment
  • Slade is too negative to try Aribo, Djikisteel or Charles- Cook.
  • Has Charles- cook only just come back into the U23s team after an injury or has he played a few more games now?

• He has just come back from injury, I believe he has had just the one game.
  • dickplumb said:

Slade is too negative to try Aribo, Djikisteel or Charles- Cook.

Well he wasn't too scared to give Konsa games.

Maybe it's just down to how highly he rates Crofts and Foley.
  • I agree that Lapslie could be an option in due course, and RCC now he is back from injury. I'd always seen Kennedy more as a winger, but is Ollie Muldoon another possible, currently out on loan?
  • Undisclosed
  • chilham said:

I agree that Lapslie could be an option in due course, and RCC now he is back from injury. I'd always seen Kennedy more as a winger, but is Ollie Muldoon another possible, currently out on loan?

Kennedy or RCC on the bench would make sense in the absence of Botaka, rather than just defenders and strikers!
  • Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Slade is too negative to try Aribo, Djikisteel or Charles- Cook.

Well he wasn't too scared to give Konsa games.

Maybe it's just down to how highly he rates Crofts and Foley.
    Which I think speaks to Konsa's ability and readiness as much as anything, in addition to the fact that he got the shirt and kept it, and has mobility and passing ability at CB which we're lacking in. He's also given Hanlan some time, last night gave him a far more significant role, but he feels very hesitant with others (Aribo, RCC, Djiksteel) even though all three seem decent and more important all three play in roles we're desperately lacking. Wolf City along a defensive midfielder would be very good.
  • Tony Watt
  • Sponsored links:

• Have we all forgotten about Kashi? What's the latest on his injury? Or has he been disappeared by the regime...
  • Have we all forgotten about Kashi? What's the latest on his injury? Or has he been disappeared by the regime...

Had an op on his achilles a few weeks ago and out until January.
  • (At least January)
  • Given that Chelsea have nearly fifty players out on loan at the moment, I find it hard to believe that out of all of the other London Premier League clubs , we can't find a young central midfield player that could play in League One.

Surely the budget isn't that stretched that we can't bring in a 20/21 year old that needs and wants first team football.?

Surely someone like Tom Carroll at Spurs would rather spend a season with us, rather than another year playing Under 23's?
  • Given that Chelsea have nearly fifty players out on loan at the moment, I find it hard to believe that out of all of the other London Premier League clubs , we can't find a young central midfield player that could play in League One.

Surely the budget isn't that stretched that we can't bring in a 20/21 year old that needs and wants first team football.?

Surely someone like Tom Carroll at Spurs would rather spend a season with us, rather than another year playing Under 23's?

Unfortunately we can no longer use the loan system due to rule changes.

Something which should've given some additional impetus for ensuring we had some decent depth to our squad over the summer.
  • Didn't realise that mate, probably irrelevant, given the low ambition of those in charge of our recruitment.
  • Aribo looked very sharp when he came on against Crawley.