Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One for Daisy - Walsall post profit for 11th year running.

Comments

• Options
    That's impressive, there can't be many clubs who have made a profit for so many years running
  • Options
    And what has been their highest league position?
  • Options
    3rd last year I think and only 1 point from Automatic if memory serves me right.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

3rd last year I think and only 1 point from Automatic if memory serves me right.

When was the last time they played in the championship or above?
  • Options
    but there chairman is a tosser, wont matter to the fans but the guy is a knob over the flag shenanigans.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Rob7Lee said:

We're losing roughly £7million per year and probably won't be in the Championship again for a long time.

Weird world - where they would probably kill for our financial clout, even though they are the ones turning a profit.

For them the Championship is probably out of reach financially. For us, it's out of reach through ineptitude, bad decision making and a lack of ability from the top down.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Rob7Lee said:

2003/04 was the season they were relegated from the Championship so 12-years ago.

But they were also in League Two in 2006/07... Makes it equally impressive actually, the fact that in the 11-year period they've basically dealt with two relegations yet have still managed to make a profit from it... thats probably more impressive
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Rob7Lee said:

We're losing roughly £7million per year and probably won't be in the Championship again for a long time.

Weird world - where they would probably kill for our financial clout, even though they are the ones turning a profit.

if Burton can get into the championship, any club, given enough cash and backing can get there
  • Options
    impressive
  • Options
    Good luck to them - thats bloody impressive tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Impressive figures no doubt. If you read the story they basically seem to make money from advertising hoardings due to the ground's location next to the M6 and hosting a Sunday market. Capitalising on this is obviously a smart move but not sure what lessons are to be learnt for clubs like us.
  • Options

Impressive figures no doubt. If you read the story they basically seem to make money from advertising hoardings due to the ground's location next to the M6 and hosting a Sunday market. Capitalising on this is obviously a smart move but not sure what lessons are to be learnt for clubs like us.

Clearly a new 10,000 seater stadium next to the M25. Pro-RD and anti-protest fans only.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2016
    I'd rather be in some debt in a league above than spend 10 consecutive years in this league and make some profit. Where's the profit being invested? Is it at all? Wonder what their fans think?

Excellent business acumen though for Walsall - very impressive.
  • Options
    A summary of their accounts to 31 May 2015:

- Turnover: £5.6m (of which £1.6m match receipts, £4m football/commercial income);
    - Costs: £5.5m (of which staff costs £3.1m);
    - Net debt: £2.7m (mainly directors loans).

If you assume say 85% of the £3.1m staff costs go to the 81 on the playing/coaching side (~£2.6m) and of this say 70% goes to the 25 most senior pros then it implies they earn only £70k pa or so.

• Options
    They know how to produce players as well... Troy Deeney | Rico Henry | Will Grigg | Jamie Paterson have all been sold for around £1m over the last 10-years whilst if you look at their signings they mainly have to rely on Free Transfers
  • Options

They know how to produce players as well... Troy Deeney | Rico Henry | Will Grigg | Jamie Paterson have all been sold for around £1m over the last 10-years whilst if you look at their signings they mainly have to rely on Free Transfers

exactly .. they sold Tom Bradshaw to Barnsley in the close season .. a very consistent scorer over the past couple of years
  • Options
    We could put up a high advertising hoarding that can be seen from both the Greenwich Tain line (no height required) and the A102 blackwall tunnel approach (may need a decent height)
  • Options

We could put up a high advertising hoarding that can be seen from both the Greenwich Tain line (no height required) and the A102 blackwall tunnel approach (may need a decent height)

"Closed on Thursdays {...}"