Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton | Sat 22 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    As if Slade will play 2 up front! Defensive 451, early goal, late equaliser for them. Potentially a late winner too once he takes off whichever 3 are playing the best.
  • Options
    We will win this, 2-0.
  • Options

I fear a Dagenham and Redbridge again. 2-1 defeat.

It's funny you say this, I have had those flash backs all week as well
  • Options
    The clash of the League 1 mid table titans.

Who are the true kings of South eastern mediocrity ?

Who can wait for Saturday ?

Me.

• Options
    1 - 0 Gills
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Based on our form so far, and the fact that the table suggests ourselves and Gillingham are quite evenly matched, another draw is clearly the most obvious outcome, but I'm feeling genuinely optimistic that we can buck that trend.

2 - 0 to Gillingham, goals from Wagstaff and Josh Wright.

Most eagerly anticipated game of the season for the Gills so they'll be well up for it. On and off the pitch, we're not sure whether it's a derby or not, and will be punished for not showing the required urgency.

Yet more pressure on Slade - he gets zero sympathy from me, must have known what he was walking into when he signed the contract, but calling for his head is ignoring the main issue. I reckon Slade will be gone by the end of November, we'll have a dead cat bounce under Nobby Vinegar and then back to playing badly and not winning matches by March. Keep up the pressure on the idiots at the top.

Wright is suspended
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm pretty sure I read that Wagstaff will be injured. Biggest game of the season for them, grab an early goal and get on top we win comfortably, play 4-1-4-1 and another draw almost guaranteed. Ajose back in surely, we're creating the chances now for him to finish, let's see if we can. Disappointing we couldn't sell out.
  • Options
    Pre match analysis by Russ, will have seen that Gills are really the Real Madrid of Leauge one, against the like of which we will get obliterated. Taking this into account, 4-5-1 with only the 1 being allowed to spend any time in their half.
    A cracking 1-1 draw gives us a point in Russ's plan to stay up, and the mighty reds will, show them all. WE ARE STAYING UP, WE ARE STAYING UP !

Yes, it's all very different in Russ's world, !
  • Options
    edited October 2016

MrLargo said:

Based on our form so far, and the fact that the table suggests ourselves and Gillingham are quite evenly matched, another draw is clearly the most obvious outcome, but I'm feeling genuinely optimistic that we can buck that trend.

Most eagerly anticipated game of the season for the Gills so they'll be well up for it. On and off the pitch, we're not sure whether it's a derby or not, and will be punished for not showing the required urgency.

Yet more pressure on Slade - he gets zero sympathy from me, must have known what he was walking into when he signed the contract, but calling for his head is ignoring the main issue. I reckon Slade will be gone by the end of November, we'll have a dead cat bounce under Nobby Vinegar and then back to playing badly and not winning matches by March. Keep up the pressure on the idiots at the top.

Wright is suspended
    You're (W)right! http://www.skysports.com/football/gillingham-vs-charlton/preview/358834

Definitely no Wright, probably no Wagstaff. I reckon Waggy'll be on the bench - my prediction remains the same, Wagstaff adding the second in stoppage time after Cody McDonald opens the scoring in midway through the second half, final score 2-0. I usually fall asleep during the second half these days, so hopefully I'll be able to walk away feeling like I've watched a boring 0-0, rather than another humiliating defeat. Buzzing for this!
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Looking forward to this as i work in gillingham (so know what an absolute shitehole it is)
    As work with plenty of gills fans so we realy need to give them a 3 or 4 nill stuffing
    Come on reds otherwise i will get slaughtered next week

Was it Keith Peacock who said, 'If Kent is the garden of England, then Gillingham is the outside toilet'?

I know Keith Peacock of old, not the kind of thing Keith would say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tomorrow sees a return to the regime fixation with playing multiple full backs in addition to the regulation 2.

Despite taking an early lead, we prove unable to defend it, losing 3-2.

Russell admits that he took of Magennis and Holmes, because they were being too impatient, with their sense of urgency and trying to win things...

It emerges that KM's top 6 budget comment relates to clubs affiliated to the Kent FA.
  • Options
    You know what? I have absolutely no idea what will happen on Saturday.
    This could be the least predictable side of all time.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

1-1

FFS how many times? That's my line!

1-1.
  • Options
    1st away of the season for me.

Well unless you count Welling and Bromley.

We won and lost at those two.

Soooo banged on draw.

Will be pissed off if that happens.

At that ground if it rains and is windy then I will be very wet and very pissed off.

Weather looks ok for tomorrow though.

If we lose I will be very, very pissed off.

Getting train probably, so win, lose or draw I will probably be pissed.

Anymore analytics, tactics or insights you require don't hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    Sorry, just 1 more tactic. Statue Slade please don't let Lookman take the corners.....
  • Options
    I'm fairly confident we won't win.
  • Options
    We should win - which means we probably won't. Slade to get his jotters.
  • Options
    Leggie said:

hawksmoor said:

Looking forward to this as i work in gillingham (so know what an absolute shitehole it is)
    As work with plenty of gills fans so we realy need to give them a 3 or 4 nill stuffing
    Come on reds otherwise i will get slaughtered next week

Was it Keith Peacock who said, 'If Kent is the garden of England, then Gillingham is the outside toilet'?

I know Keith Peacock of old, not the kind of thing Keith would say.
    and remember .. he was manager there for a good few years
  • Options
    Very tricky one to predict. It looks every which way like a draw but I think we will just be edged out of it 2-1 to Gillingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't make tomorrow unfortunately, due to family commitments, have never been to jillinham . 2 nil up after 89 mins , Slade brings on Johnson , Foley and Chicksen for Holmes Magennis and Lookman
  • Options
    Shit phone , finishes Desmond .
  • Options
    A shame for Waggy if he can't play, perhaps Danny Green will take his place...
  • Options
    Worked out a formula. Bed at half time (Perth WA), and we win.
    Got a party tonight, lucky days behind me, so...ah...hell, see what I can come up with...
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Wright is suspended
    He'll probably still score against us!! :neutral:
  • Options

A shame for Waggy if he can't play, perhaps Danny Green will take his place...

I doubt it. Never was as good as Waggy.
  • Options
    Looking at the league I can't see us losing another game. We will wipe the floor with them this afternoon.
  • Options
    A patient 1-1, which was in no way the manager's fault.