Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What was the point of trying to get a charlton fans to turn right

to get to the station ? Most of us seemed to carry on going straight to the station in the end when the police detour got blocked and that seems the most sensible route because there were no Gillingham fans on that route. No police either for that matter and there were no hold ups. If they ever play another football match on that ground the police might want to consider allowing away fans to take that route back to the station.

Comments

• se9addick said:

to get to the station ? Most of us seemed to carry on going straight to the station in the end when the police detour got blocked and that seems the most sensible route because there were no Gillingham fans on that route. No police either for that matter and there were no hold ups. If they ever play another football match on that ground the police might want to consider allowing away fans to take that route back to the station.

They'll probably play another football match there.
    I doubt they expect to, they've not bothered to build a permanent stand in he away end.
  • Because they wanted it to kick off so they up there nick rate.
  • and as this is a thread about police logic, did that copper that was filming the charlton fans from that balcony climb up through the window instead of using one of the two doors up there ? I only caught the tail end of what looked like him doing it.
  • I saw them taking several pictures of the plane. Maybe just for his scrap book.
  • Does it really matter? I thought the same but saw no trouble so don't really see the problem
  • Does it really matter? I thought the same but saw no trouble so don't really see the problem

Apart from the OB on horses smacking people with truncheons I saw nothing.
  • Sounded like someone let off a firework of some sort too.
  • Some prick threw a flare on the pitch and it narrowly missed their keeper before fizzling out like our first half "attacks".
  • Sponsored links:

• Paddy7 said:

Some prick threw a flare on the pitch and it narrowly missed their keeper before fizzling out like our first half "attacks".

We never had any thing alight to fizzle out
  • I didn't understand why Charlton fans ran behind the goal during the penalty's and jumping about. Made no sense and just added pressure.
  • This was a daft decision by plod as far as I can see. Turn right into Gillingham fans coming the other way. No hassle dur to the fans but almost seemed as though plod wanted some.
  • could be that the residents in the main drag to the station wanted some p & q and no aggravation after the game which seems to have been classified as 'high risk' by the Police .. also, the straight road is very narrow and could have posed a risk due to crowding, especially to youngsters ?
  • could be that the residents in the main drag to the station wanted some p & q and no aggravation after the game which seems to have been classified as 'high risk' by the Police .. also, the straight road is very narrow and could have posed a risk due to crowding, especially to youngsters ?

There were no gills fans down there and it wouldnt have been difficult to make sure they couldn't get access to that road via the roads that crossed it (in fact I suspect the police had already sorted that out anyway). Loads of charlton fans strolled unaccompanied by police and without incident down that road and on both pavements and straight to the station.

And letting a car try and drive into the road by the away end where 2,300 charlton fans were exiting the stadium was daft. All those coppers standing around and not one of them thought to stop cars driving where there were thousands of fans walking down the road in the opposite direction.

Instead of using that digital sign board to read 'turn right for station' and facing it towards the fans they might have put it to better use if they had turned it around and put something like wakey wakey
  • Must have been a dozen vehicles came down that dead end in the 90 minutes before kick-off - including a police one - and then had to do a U-turn in front of the turnstiles with police making room for them.
  • Must have been a dozen vehicles came down that dead end in the 90 minutes before kick-off - including a police one - and then had to do a U-turn in front of the turnstiles with police making room for them.

One of them being a nice Mercedes driven by Keith Peacock.
  • Is this a Zoolander thread? We only turn left!
  • The Brexit vote made many turn right
  • I just ignored the turn right sign and continued straight on.
  • Sponsored links: