Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Executive box at the Valley?

I have followed Charlton since March 10th 1956, Sam Bartram's last game. I've witnessed many wonderful moments including the legendary Charlton v Huddersfield 7 - 6 and the incredible play off final against Sunderland.
My Sons had planned to hire one of the Valley executive boxes to celebrate my 70th birthday. At first I thought it was a great idea then I realised that in a small way this would prop up the current regime. Couldn't do it.
Will I celebrate my 71st at the Valley under new ownership? Let's hope so!

Comments

• I had similar thought for hiring a suite for my 40th. I came to the same decision, I couldn't give the club my money and prop up the regime. Hired Welling instead.
  • I doubt you're propping them up.

Just ruining a significant point in your life.
  • Off_it said:

I doubt you're propping them up.

Just ruining a significant point in your life.

"Ruining a significant point in your life"?

Not at all. What might ruin the night however is spending money at a place that is having the heart ripped out of it and halfway through wondering if you really should be there. That would potentially ruin the night for me. But each to their own.
    Spot on Off It.
  • I can think of much better places to celebrate milestone birthdays such as 40 & 70. The food at the Valley is over priced and average at best. I have had to send more than one meal back whilst in hospitality because it was cold. Plus the waiters and waitresses they employ to seve it are poorly trained.

Spend your money in a better class establishment and enjoy the evening.
  • Simon E said:

I had similar thought for hiring a suite for my 40th. I came to the same decision, I couldn't give the club my money and prop up the regime. Bought Welling instead.

• Happy birthday!