Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris O'Loughlin

Comments

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

skywalker said:

Anyway, it won't be Jose Riga coming back, 'cause he just became the new manager of Belgian 2nd Div Cercle Bruges.

So Riga no longer connected to the Duchatelet empire then?
    hopefully seemed like a nice bloke and probably the best of a very bad lot.
    Never met him but came over ok, thought he got lucky first time around with all of CP's back room staff in place. Got found wanting second time round but knew what he was letting himself in for.
    His second spell did suggest he has a good eye for a player, assuming that the signings were his.

There may be financial consequences, but Texeira and Fanni was a quality CB partnership, if they had been together for the whole season we would have stayed up easily
    All too little too late with Fanni, you could see he had pedigree not disputing that however he never hit the ground running due to fitness / game time issues. And that is a totally hypothetical IF he had been paired with Tex at the start of the season we would have stayed up (unless you forgot to put a winky smiley), don't forget we still needed to score goals. We averaged less than one goal a game!

I reckon Diarra had a lot to do with his mate Fanni being signed, also don't forget the wonderful Williams was signed from Boro around the same time who was that down to I wonder.
    Williams was signed earlier than Fanni, Williams was signed at the start of January, hence was able to play in the 5-0 laundry basket game at Huddersfield and 6-0 at Hull!

Fanni was only signed at the end of the window, I imagine Diarra and Riga's French connections were used

With Tex and Fanni together for a season, we would have been solid enough to grind out results. Uninspiring yes, but possibly enough to be out of danger.
    I know Williams played at Huddersfield and Hull because I had the missfortune to see both games. My point was did the same person who identified him as a signing also have Fanni and Sanogo lined up rather than Riga.

IF we'd had Messi and Romaldo up front we'd have walked the league or IF Fraye hadn't be allowed anywhere near team selection we may have stood a chance of survival but they are all IFs.

We scored 40 goals last season and conceded 80 so what you are saying is we could have won enough games at say 1-0 to have survived with Tex and Fanni at CB from the first game, righto that's your opinion, not mine.
    Looking at the table, Preston finished 11th scoring 45 goals, while Forest finished 16th with 43 goals, so our lack of goals didn't guarantee relegation. Having to rely on Sarr and Lennon at CB certainly was a factor though...

My guess is that Williams was a Euell recommendation, with his connections there. At the time we were desperately short at CB, hence Williams and the re-signing of Roger Johnson...
    Preston only conceded 45 (GD 0) and Forest 47 (GD -4) that's an improvement on us (GD -40) of 35 and 33 respectively! I think we would have needed a damned sight more than just Fanni and Tex all season to have kept those goals down to enable us to gain sufficient points and if you can't see that I can't help you.
    I'm not saying that Fanni and Tex would have got us to mid table, but it might have got us to safety. There were plenty of close matches where we might have picked up points, but didn't e.g. the 2 narrow defeats against Reading and Brighton where Bauer got sent off, and several other close matches including 1-0 defeats to Bristol City and MKD, the 2-2 against Bolton etc
  • edited November 2016

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

skywalker said:

Anyway, it won't be Jose Riga coming back, 'cause he just became the new manager of Belgian 2nd Div Cercle Bruges.

Never met him but came over ok, thought he got lucky first time around with all of CP's back room staff in place. Got found wanting second time round but knew what he was letting himself in for.
    His second spell did suggest he has a good eye for a player, assuming that the signings were his.

There may be financial consequences, but Texeira and Fanni was a quality CB partnership, if they had been together for the whole season we would have stayed up easily
    All too little too late with Fanni, you could see he had pedigree not disputing that however he never hit the ground running due to fitness / game time issues. And that is a totally hypothetical IF he had been paired with Tex at the start of the season we would have stayed up (unless you forgot to put a winky smiley), don't forget we still needed to score goals. We averaged less than one goal a game!

I reckon Diarra had a lot to do with his mate Fanni being signed, also don't forget the wonderful Williams was signed from Boro around the same time who was that down to I wonder.
    Williams was signed earlier than Fanni, Williams was signed at the start of January, hence was able to play in the 5-0 laundry basket game at Huddersfield and 6-0 at Hull!

Fanni was only signed at the end of the window, I imagine Diarra and Riga's French connections were used

With Tex and Fanni together for a season, we would have been solid enough to grind out results. Uninspiring yes, but possibly enough to be out of danger.
    I know Williams played at Huddersfield and Hull because I had the missfortune to see both games. My point was did the same person who identified him as a signing also have Fanni and Sanogo lined up rather than Riga.

IF we'd had Messi and Romaldo up front we'd have walked the league or IF Fraye hadn't be allowed anywhere near team selection we may have stood a chance of survival but they are all IFs.

We scored 40 goals last season and conceded 80 so what you are saying is we could have won enough games at say 1-0 to have survived with Tex and Fanni at CB from the first game, righto that's your opinion, not mine.
    Looking at the table, Preston finished 11th scoring 45 goals, while Forest finished 16th with 43 goals, so our lack of goals didn't guarantee relegation. Having to rely on Sarr and Lennon at CB certainly was a factor though...

My guess is that Williams was a Euell recommendation, with his connections there. At the time we were desperately short at CB, hence Williams and the re-signing of Roger Johnson...
    Preston only conceded 45 (GD 0) and Forest 47 (GD -4) that's an improvement on us (GD -40) of 35 and 33 respectively! I think we would have needed a damned sight more than just Fanni and Tex all season to have kept those goals down to enable us to gain sufficient points and if you can't see that I can't help you.
    I'm not saying that Fanni and Tex would have got us to mid table, but it might have got us to safety. There were plenty of close matches where we might have picked up points, but didn't e.g. the 2 narrow defeats against Reading and Brighton where Bauer got sent off, and several other close matches including 1-0 defeats to Bristol City and MKD, the 2-2 against Bolton etc
    We had six 0-0 draws last season four of those after Fanni and Tex had signed in the new year, so just one goal was needed in those games to give us 8 extra points. We needed 10 (one extra for shocking GD) for safety, our destiny was in our own hands and history shows we failed to score enough goals (only MK scored less 39) to win games in 'close' matches, them's the facts no ifs, buts or maybes.
  • skywalker said:

Guess who STVV next play at home.......Club Bruges 18 nov 20.30kick off Welcome home Jose.
    Get the 3 points make our day.......please.
  • skywalker said:

Guess who STVV next play at home.......Club Bruges 18 nov 20.30kick off Welcome home Jose.
    Get the 3 points make our day.......please.
    Riga is manager of Cercle Bruges. Division below.
    </blockquote

Hard day ,thanks for that..
  • Scoham said:

Managed a team to the quarters of the african version of the europa league. That's on another level to anything our other network stooges have managed!!

From what I can see Riga and Luzon have both been knocked out of the Champions League in the qualifying rounds.

Either way I'd say Standard Liege are a much bigger club than AS Vita.
    I agree. I wasn't exactly being serious with my comment. I've never even heard of AS Vita
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

skywalker said:

I don't know about Williams but Vaz Te was recommended by our ex Wet Spam players.
  • In that article it mentions he left AS Vita due to an issue with his visa during an away match, does anyone know what happened?

I did a quick google, and despite the article dropping it in as though everyone knew about it, unsurprisingly there's very little info about it.
  • centurion said:

Here's another article about him and just as with the previous one from The Irish Sun he does seem to do one thing that has become very common at Charlton - he overestimates the importance of his role as assistant or as trainer, and seems to talk like he was manager of some of these clubs. I'm sure he sees himself as equipped to take over the Charlton job, just as Karel Fraeye did - http://www.benefoot.net/exclusive-interview-with-sint-truidens-chris-oloughlin/

He sounds like another rookie chancer. But you just know the idiots running our club are going to appoint him this season.
    There's a thousand jobbing coaches like CoL....but only one who is PlayStation pals with Thomas Driesen so of course, he's perfect for Charlton!

Please someone buy the club off these tools.
  • edited November 2016
    At the end of the day, I'm not sure how much I really care about who's in charge at the moment. For that to really matter we'd need to know that they're:

a. Supported with a proper scouting setup;
    b. Given the freedom to make the most of all of the club's resources/players;
    c. Financially backed in the transfer market;
    d. Not working at a club in turmoil.

Let's be completely fair; (a) and (d) are never going to happen. Whilst it did look like there were promising signs over the summer in the transfer market (c) - Ajose, Novak, Holmes etc - we still have resources (i.e Tex) that are being underutilised due to prior f*ckups.

For a manager succeed there needs to be a fundamental change, and that change revolves around The Regime. At the very least Katrien needs to be given removed from her post.

At the end of the day it's a bit like getting excited over your ex-girlfriends new boyfriend; he may be a nice guy, but he's still going to be screwing something you loved.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't care who the manager is as long as it's not Slade come 1st Jan. Seeing @ElfsborgAddick blowing the dust off his wallet and handing me money will be a rare sight to behold.
  • I don't care who the manager is as long as it's not Slade come 1st Jan. Seeing @ElfsborgAddick blowing the dust off his wallet and handing me money will be a rare sight to behold.

Dowie, then....
  • edited November 2016

I don't care who the manager is as long as it's not Slade come 1st Jan. Seeing @ElfsborgAddick blowing the dust off his wallet and handing me money will be a rare sight to behold.

Dowie, then....
    Let's not be too hasty.......mind you, seeing that tight wad part with money......

I'm ticking each day off on the work calender.

I'm ticking each day off on the work calender.
    I bet it's last years calendar and you've just handwritten the days in to save £4.99.
    Good idea.
  • See you soon Chris. At least he can't be any more cautious than Brussel.
  • Can i be the first to say welcome and best of luck Chris, wonder if you'll last until Easter!

With these chumps in control, he may not last until Christmas. Seriously.
  • If any bookies are foolish enough to price up a market please give us a heads up so we can at least all make a few quid from the inevitable
  • Sponsored links:

• The appointment of Chris will be no mistake. The regime only take the club forward you know…
  • J BLOCK said:

Can i be the first to say welcome and best of luck Chris, wonder if you'll last until Easter!

I wish you no luck Chris, I hope you're hired and fired just as quickly as the rest.
    Honest to God they won't give him the job will they.
    We are already the laughing stock of football thanks to these clowns.
    This would be a new low even

Just sell the club and fuck off
  • Was at our last home game, knows Roland, we're not exactly going to be flush with candidates.......it has to be him.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 2m2 minutes ago
    *deep breath*....it sounds as if Chris O'Loughlin set to be appointed.
  • What are this blokes credentials then?
  • He's got his Level 1 certificate.