Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sidcup/St Pauls Cray rubbish dump

edited November 2016 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else been following this story over the years? Looks like it's finally getting removed now.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/14835744.As_it_happened__First_trucks_start_clearing_rubbish_from_Waste4Fuel_dump_in_St_Paul_s_Cray/

I bet Bromley Council are gutted though - it's only on their "manor" by about 50 metres, otherwise it would be Bexleys problem!

Comments

• Can we remove Sunny Sidcup from this title please, we've house prices to protest!
  • Can we remove Sunny Sidcup from this title please, we've house prices to protest!

Too bloody right, they're extortionate in Sidcup.
  • Those poor people living with that site for so long!! Thank goodness sense has prevailed but the thought of the vermin and stench that they will experience over the next couple of weeks makes me shiver.
    How easily people's lives can be blighted by owners who don't care and collect rubbish... and then can't rid of them/it!
  • edited November 2016
    Should read

Sidcup/St Pauls Cray/rubbish dump

• So where are they moving the rubbish too? King George V playing fields?
  • Where am I going to get my Christmas presents from now?
  • I read about this earlier in the week and the impression I got was that the owners of the site have basically sold it to the Environment Agency. If that is correct, it stinks more than the site itself! The owners have broken pretty much every law imaginable in the way they stored and (failed to) deal with the waste. There have been over 200 fires there, often causing massive disruption (as they usually close the A20 and/or Crittals Corner) and god knows how much damage to the environment and the health of nearby residents. As far as I can tell, the owners have never been prosecuted for anything and now they sell the site to the EA and walk away? Unbelievable Jeff!
  • Those poor people living with that site for so long!! Thank goodness sense has prevailed but the thought of the vermin and stench that they will experience over the next couple of weeks makes me shiver.
    How easily people's lives can be blighted by owners who don't care and collect rubbish... and then can't rid of them/it!

They wont complain too much when the value of their houses increase massively when it's all gone!
  • Move the dump to Bexleyheath, nobody will notice its even there.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2016

Can we remove Sunny Sidcup from this title please, we've house prices to protest!

There's only two people that could do that, and one of thems not playing. Just yet.

You either need to befriend a mod or stfu.

;-)
  • edited November 2016
    I believe the Spanners will be moving there when their gaff is finally covered with luxury flats.

The residents have started a petition already.

http://www.canwehave.thesteamingpileofcrapback.please.com

• Drive past it daily, fire engines in regular attendance to put out and dampen down fires, disgraceful how the owners were basically allowed to abandon it, and they went way over the tonnage licence, collars should be felt.
  • Rizzo said:

I read about this earlier in the week and the impression I got was that the owners of the site have basically sold it to the Environment Agency. If that is correct, it stinks more than the site itself! The owners have broken pretty much every law imaginable in the way they stored and (failed to) deal with the waste. There have been over 200 fires there, often causing massive disruption (as they usually close the A20 and/or Crittals Corner) and god knows how much damage to the environment and the health of nearby residents. As far as I can tell, the owners have never been prosecuted for anything and now they sell the site to the EA and walk away? Unbelievable Jeff!

I think that the owner of the site leased it to a company who have since gone into liquidation.