Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aus v SA Test series

Comments

• Thanks for that NLN.

Some unbelievable catches by SA especially Duminy's at slip and the last one taken by De Koch.

However, the rot was started by a absolute shocker from Warner. Someone should tell him that Test matches are meant to last 5 days and not 20 overs a side.
    I'm surprised he could even reach that ball.

Some great catches, and I loved the direct hot for the run out.

Nothing more satisfying than seeing the Aussie team get whooped
  • Watch the seam position the Philander gets, its bloody incredible, he gets that seam bolt upright with the ball 'spinning back' on itself.

For anyone who understands the mechanics of seam bowling this is close to perfection.
  • Today was great fun too
  • Ponting's quiet fury is something to behold
  • I refer you to my earlier post about the weakness and lack of fight in this Australian team, I honestly think that you are starting to see some of the 20/20 generation such as Warner, Starc and even Mitch Marsh give less and less consideration to test matches.

These guys can see their riches elsewhere, and can no longer be arsed to put in the hard yards in test cricket.

I have never seen an Aussie team cave so supinely in a test series - absolutely pathetic.
  • Was unbelievably bad. Over in 2 days and 2 hours. Lost 8 for 32 this morning. Shameful. It was poor for Hobart also, they won'tget a Test for at least 2 years as there are only 5 Tests next year and the following year it'sgoing to Canberra. Only Smith can hold his head up. They have to sack the High Performane team and probably 10 of this side. Throw in the CEO as well. I was ashamed to have been there this morning, worst performance I have ever seen
  • Haha, as an English man, this deeply saddens me!!! Look at the positives! The second innings score was double the first
  • Was unbelievably bad. Over in 2 days and 2 hours. Lost 8 for 32 this morning. Shameful. It was poor for Hobart also, they won'tget a Test for at least 2 years as there are only 5 Tests next year and the following year it'sgoing to Canberra. Only Smith can hold his head up. They have to sack the High Performane team and probably 10 of this side. Throw in the CEO as well. I was ashamed to have been there this morning, worst performance I have ever seen

Funny though.
  • Good to see Voges' stupid average tumbling down too.
  • Quality of Australian cricket tumbling on the back of the big bash!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rabada did a "job" on three or four of the Aussies including Smith who was nicely softened up by a bouncer and then nicked off.

Oh that we could have him back for next season at Kent.
  • edited November 2016
    17 of the 22 Aussie batsmen failed to reach double figures, must be a record (or pretty close to) for a major test playing nation
  • 17 of the 20 Aussie innings failed to reach double figures, must be a record (or pretty close to) for a major test playing nation

5 of the 22 innings actually made double figures as did 4 of the 20 wickets to fall. But I take your point re the record. In fact, 8 of their "batsmen" made just 50 between them in the match!

Shame to see them in such utter turmoil.

• You're right, i'll edit my post.
  • Five Test defeats in a row, Chairman Of The Selectors, Rod Marsh, resigns with immediate effect. What next for those poor Aussies?

• I see Oz have now picked an Englishman for the next test...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/38042531

No comment.

Test teams in glass houses....
  • Australia squad for third Test: Steve Smith (captain), David Warner, Jackson Bird, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Nic Maddinson, Nathan Lyon, Matt Renshaw, Chadd Sayers, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade.

That's a seriously inexperienced looking batting lineup. 3 debut batsmen plus seamer Sayers who's also uncapped

Picking a team for the future, or desperation by the selectors?

In all fairness Renshaw sounds as Aussie as they come, and has been here since he was ten years of age. so in many ways is a very similar story to Ben Stokes.

Huge changes to the make up of the side, but you have to ask that if players like Renshaw, Maddinson and Hanscomb are test class and ready for action, then why haven't they been playing before now? It's not as if the current mob have been playing out of their skins.

My big worry for the Ashes next year is that whilst their batting will be vulnerable, they will be able to get Cummins and Pattinson fit, in which case allied to Starc and Hazelwood, they will have a very decent bowling attack.

Have to fancy our bowlers though out here though, no need for anything too fancy, just do what the Saffers have done, nice and tight lengths and wait for the inevitable mistake.
  • For those who love stats, its not since 1885 that this many changes have been made to an Australian team
  • Sponsored links:

• The word is that is Steven O'Keefe had done his calf muscle, then Lyon would have been axed as well!! Five changes from one test to the next - I don't even remember England doing that in the 80's and 90's!
  • Reminds meld the good old days when we had three different captains in a five test series
  • MrOneLung said:

Reminds meld the good old days when we had three different captains in a five test series

Four in 88!

This seems pretty desperate from Oz, can understand making changes but it's a lot to integrate at once.
  • MrOneLung said:

Reminds meld the good old days when we had three different captains in a five test series

Are the Aussie selectors gin sodden old farts as well!
  • MrOneLung said:

Are the Aussie selectors gin sodden old farts as well!
    That's a bit harsh on MOL. His posts lead me to conclude that he's more likely to be teetotal.
  • Rumour is the Aussies are going to call up Chris Cowdrey...
  • Faf Du Plessis found guilty of ball tampering in the 2nd Test - but has only been fined his match fee and is available of the 3rd.

And I'm going to rub their noses in it with this!!
  • ozaddick said:

I see Oz have now picked an Englishman for the next test...

And I'm going to rub their noses in it with this!!
    I'd wait a bit if I were you - he might be shit.