Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Jimmy Young RIP

Former broadcaster Jimmy Young died yesterday aged 95.

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I grew up listening to him and in particular remember the handovers on Radio 2 from Wogan to JY.

'What's the recipe today, Jim?'
    'Well Raymondo .....'

TTFN - RIP Jimmy.
  • Options
    definite Legend to the grey tops .. R I P
  • Options
    Wogan and JY in the same year, the end of an era. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Remember the voice well from my youth. I'm not being disrespectful when I say I thought he'd died about 20 years ago. RIP Jimmy. 2016, what a killer year.
  • Options
    It's probably saying more about me than I'd care to admit, but, even in his latter years on Radio 2 I think he was superb - and remarkably good as a political interviewer (interviewees would feel almost too relaxed and unthreatened, and he'd get some quite interesting stuff).

A sad loss.

Like Terry Wogan and Fluff Freeman an iconic radio voice.

RIP
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    For some bizarre reason I can still recall going on a school outing, sitting on a coach as it went around the roundabout on Blackheath Common, and listening to him on his Radio 1 show. How is it I can remember such a trivial fact that happened 40 odd years ago, yet now have trouble remembering to put my trousers on before leaving the house?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad to hear this news. RIP Jimmy. X
  • Options
    RIP JIMMY
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Jim.

A decent crooner as well back in the fifties.
  • Options
    I found his voice very soothing. A great age though. R.I.P. Sir Jimmy.
  • Options
    A sad loss to those who grew up in the era.

Does anybody still follow Brian Mathew on Saturday morning R2 at 8 oclock? Another DJ of the time who seems to go on forever.

Sounds of the Sixties, great stuff.
  • Options

Does anybody still follow Brian Mathew on Saturday morning R2 at 8 oclock? Another DJ of the time who seems to go on forever.

One of my daughters lived in Birmingham for a while and we used to listen to Sounds of the Sixties en route. Made the M25, M40 etc that little bit more bearable!
  • Options
    Sir JY, Terry Wogan and Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart all Radio 1 and 2 oldies all gone this year.....grew up listening to JY and still remember the "Whats the recipe today Jim" and The Legal Eagle spots. RIP Sir.
  • Options

Listen every week.

A great mixture of well known and obscure, the music I grew up listening to.

He lives in Sevenoaks I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didnt he have the R2 number plate on his car ?

RIP