Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017 London Marathon in Aid of Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice

edited November 2016 in Not Sports Related
Afternoon. I'm running the 2017 London Marathon for The Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice. The Hospice does loads of good work in our local area and looked after my uncle in his last few days. There will be various fundraising activities going on between now and 23rd April next year.

First one is a golf day on Friday 30th December. 9am meet, 10am T off, bacon rolls & Coffee, 18 holes and lunch for £50.00 Prizes for longest drive and nearest the pin. Format likely to be Texas Scramble. I have a few places left if anyone fancies it? Let me know. You can come as an individual or enter a 4 ball.

If you don't fancy the golf, but would like to donate please click on this link. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DannyHill1

There will also be another golf event in March / April and a curry night.

Cheers

Hillsy.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Jeez didn't know you were still around. You seem to be a lurker more than a poster these days!

I've bookmarked your thread so I can donate after Pay Day.
  • Options
    Alright Dazzler. Yes still about. Just not really on CL for a good few years, although i do have the occasional look once a month or so. Thanks for the bookmark, anything no matter how big or small will be very much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    Great cause Danny, they looked after me Aunty June and also me best mates sister for the last few weeks of their lives. Utmost respect for the staff and unconditional commitment they've got for the Hospice and it's patience.

Good luck with your training mate and also the Marathon itself, putting a score over now.

• Options
    Thanks IBBORG. Much appreciated. They do a great job. It's gonna be tough, I know I'll complete it, but my target is 4hrs.
  • Options
    Golf day went off very well and I raised £390 towards my target. Thanks to Ibborg and Tony OHanlon for their very generous sponsorship.

Next event is a 80's & 90's fancy dress party. Saturday 11th Feb @ Belvedere Sports & Social Club, 101a Woolwich Road, SE2 0DY. £10 per per person, buffet included. 1930hrs until midnight. If you fancy coming tickets need to be purchased in advance.

Should be a good night, over 100 tickets sold so far!!