Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Knockaert: Brighton players support French winger at father's funeral

Comments

• Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37914763

A nice touch by a classy club and manager

I remember when our players used to have that kind of spirit.

Come to think of it, weren't we once after Knockaert?
  • Options
    I remember when we were a classy club. "Meire - what have you done to make me feel proud?"
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37914763

A nice touch by a classy club and manager

I remember when our players used to have that kind of spirit.

Come to think of it, weren't we once after Knockaert?
    No, he was at Standard Liege and our scouts still couldn't find someone with talent.
  • Options
    Class act that they travelled for a mate. But is it really the time for a group pic?!
  • Options
    Classy club are Brighton
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Class act that they travelled for a mate. But is it really the time for a group pic?!

My thoughts exactly. Not implicating the players in this as I'm sure there intentions were genuine, but the 'classy' way to behave at a funeral is not to take a group pic outside the church and then release it to the media for a bit of positive PR.
  • Options
    Great club, that is class.
  • Options

My thoughts exactly. Not implicating the players in this as I'm sure there intentions were genuine, but the 'classy' way to behave at a funeral is not to take a group pic outside the church and then release it to the media for a bit of positive PR.
    I would tend to agree save the fact that Knockaert is in the middle of the picture and judging by his comments on twitter on Saturday and since, he probably insisted on one being taken as a sign of their solidarity.
  • Options

I would tend to agree save the fact that Knockaert is in the middle of the picture and judging by his comments on twitter on Saturday and since, he probably insisted on one being taken as a sign of their solidarity.
    Maybe. I'm feeling particularly curmudgeonly today so I might just be being miserable. Of all the ills in the world, it's pretty close to the bottom of the list anyway.
  • Options
    It wasn't released to the media for PR, it was on AK's personal twitter account.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It wasn't released to the media for PR, it was on AK's personal twitter account.

Fair enough then if it came from AK.
  • Options

Fair enough but in the top pic they all look like they're on a jolly up, still if AK is "happy" ..............
  • Options

Fair enough but in the top pic they all look like they're on a jolly up, still if AK is "happy" ..............
    Ak also looks like he's on a Jolly up. Him and the rest of his family is the most important thing in this, Only on a Charlton life could such a good and thoughtful deed be turned into something negative............
    Of course it is but I know when i lost my Dad the last thing I wanted to be doing was larking around at his funeral. just think it's strange behaviour. obviously we all deal with loss in a different way.
  • Options
    not my relative but a good freind whos 24 lost his dad earlier this year to pancreatic cancer so was a very sudden shock 2 weeks from diagnosis to his passing, the funeral was held at falconwood and everyone that attended had to wear an england rugby top as its what his dad wanted, then hired the pier in greenhithe out and put £1500 behind the bar and had a gazebo outside and was very much a party atmosphere. its as people say how people deal with things.
  • Options

Ak also looks like he's on a Jolly up. Him and the rest of his family is the most important thing in this, Only on a Charlton life could such a good and thoughtful deed be turned into something negative............
    Of course it is but I know when i lost my Dad the last thing I wanted to be doing was larking around at his funeral. just think it's strange behaviour. obviously we all deal with loss in a different way.

You've hit the nail on the head which is why I don't understand the criticism. AK wouldn't have been smiling or in fact tweeting about it if he wasn't happy with them turning up. Also it's two photo's, so I think it's strange to assume they've gone for a jolly up especially with a man like Chris Hughton being there.

Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

You've hit the nail on the head which is why I don't understand the criticism. AK wouldn't have been smiling or in fact tweeting about it if he wasn't happy with them turning up. Also it's two photo's, so I think it's strange to assume they've gone for a jolly up especially with a man like Chris Hughton being there.

Sorry for your loss.
    Well it's not a criticism I just find it a bit strange but top marks for his team mates supporting him. End of the day we could just go round in circles with this so I'll say no more :smile:

& thanks by the way :smile: