Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wembley question

2»

Comments

• Options

"he has set a record that no player will ever beat"

That's a very strong statement by that article. Indeed it will be broken by a Spurs player probably. Not only do they play their CL games at Wembley now, next season they'll be playing their league games there as well!

It's possible Chelsea will groundshare at Wembley as well. Maybe a foreign player will break the Wembley record :smile:

Maybe they meant it wouldn't be beaten as Wembley was about to be knocked down?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

In addition was v dissapointed with a Mexican wave taking place, phone lights being switched on and the worst was people doing an Iceland clap!!

The stadium is devoid of atmosphere
    The whole experience is truly awful.
    Following my recent World Cup qualifier anainst Scotland, thought it soul destroying.
    Pretty much going with the flow of football on the whole if I'm honest.
  • Options

In addition was v dissapointed with a Mexican wave taking place, phone lights being switched on and the worst was people doing an Iceland clap!!

The stadium is devoid of atmosphere
    The whole experience is truly awful.
    Following my recent World Cup qualifier anainst Scotland, thought it soul destroying.
    Pretty much going with the flow of football on the whole if I'm honest.
    It's never been that great for atmosphere and has become more and more sanitised. On the flip side however, it's a far safer and less intimidating place for kids than it used to be.

Would not have dreamt of taking my daughter there 20-25 years ago. Decided not to take her to the game on Friday but to be honest, she would have been fine.
  • Options
    Modern football. I think one of the problems with Wembley is that it's just too comfortable, when you have enough room as if you're sitting in a chair watching at home you're going to act like it.

Few years back me and some mates went to the Slovakia qualifier. We tried getting some songs going but just got looked at with bemused faces. When I asked everyone around us to get involved I was told to be quiet. That said we did follow it up with a full rendition of world in motion which amused some.