Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Price of Football 2016: Charlton Athletic season ticket revealed to be more expensive than Barcelona

The Standard has remembered that we exist again! Decent coverage of the protests, even though the topic is primarily about ticketing prices:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/price-of-football-2016-charlton-athletic-season-ticket-revealed-to-be-more-expensive-than-than-a3397631.html

Comments

• Options
    Yeah the Price of Football being released was worrying because I thought the media would take the stance of... "Well at least we've got cheap tickets" so the fact we've the most expensive season ticket and match-day ticket in League One pleases me for that reason
  • Options
    It's only right that people are charged more to see Foley than they are Messi.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Negative media spin though with the title, why not lead with "Arsenal fans pay nearly 10x the amount Barcelona fans do and they win fuck all!"

Gou can't tell from the initial link that actually our season ticket is the cheapest in London
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I wonder if the Kat-Tax is taken into account? Plus, at Huddersfield, you get 22 chips... Still, everyone's happy to pay, 'cause we get to see the Premiership stars of the future and take the piss out of Katrien Meire... worth £20 of anyone's money!
  • Options
    I'm all for pointing out every numerous flaw of our wonderful SMT, but this story is nonsense, as it just shows that actually they are one of the cheapest. Trying to spin this as a negative in my opinion just undermines the genuine flaws in their methods, and there's plenty of them to point out already. I say this realising it's an external source.