Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fitness final update

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Just had my final weigh in before the big day, after last nights efforts to commit suicide by lager, I have just tipped the scales at 13stone 3lbbs from 14stone 10lbs, I have been a bit lower 12 st 8lbs to be exact but this appears to be around about my" normal weight". I`ve dropped a size in shorts, I`m down from a JFH size to a Jan molby snugfit, as for my fitness we`ll have to see, I still have turning circle of the woolwich ferry, and my pace over a yard has to be seen to be believed, but am I looking forward to tuesday : )

Comments

• Options
    Well done mate, and best of luck on Tues.
  • Options
    Well done TCE. At the new year I topped 14st 5lb but am now down to a steady 12st 9lb (lowest 12st 6lb). I have just come in from a 7 mile run, will do the same Saturday morning and then rest up for Tuesday. Will be able to jog for an hour not sure about sprinting though. I am so looking forward to being able to take part with a great many people I know, others I will get to know and all for a good cause
  • Options
    i've got bigger...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i've got bigger...

Bigger? you have to get this in perspective :)
  • Options
    good to hear your keeping up the running kev . Ran 14k today as I had the day off but been running 10k a day for a few months now .

hovering around the 12 stone 7 mark these days down from the scale busting 17 or so last september . Was looking at the photos from the centenery dvd launch earlier and told the mrs if I ever get that fat again then warn me long before.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]good to hear your keeping up the running kev . Ran 14k today as I had the day off but been running 10k a day for a few months now .

hovering around the 12 stone 7 mark these days down from the scale busting 17 or so last september . Was looking at the photos from the centenery dvd launch earlier and told the mrs if I ever get that fat again then warn me long before.

mine said to me "if get like that again she`ll leave me " anyone fancy a kebab ; )
  • Options
    and don't forget extra chips TCE !!!
  • Options
    I find that now I've lost weight as long as I keep going to the gym regular then I can tuck into a fair amount of crap along with the healthy stuff
  • Options
    What was your diet TCE.

I'm on a high protien diet at the moment but that is mainly for muscle building. I'm looking to loose probably half a stone in fat though so how much cardio did you do a week? I'm currently 13 stone 1 and came down from 14'4.
  • Options
    Well done TCE.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just got back today from 10 days holiday.

Can anyone suggest when I should start thinking about training for Tuesday?

I've been dreaming for weeks about scoring the winning goal, so I'm at least match fit in my mind's eye.

Super Charlton UnAtherletic.............!
  • Options
    Oggy, despite 4 healthy poseurs, there are about 50+ unhealth bastards in this equation !!!

Be fat, be unfit, be proud !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Oggy, despite 4 healthy poseurs, there are about 50+ unhealth bastards in this equation !!!

Be fat, be unfit, be proud !!

PHEW! Utter relief......... :-)

Thanks, AFKA.
    I'm like a big kid, getting all excited!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]What was your diet TCE.

I'm on a high protien diet at the moment but that is mainly for muscle building. I'm looking to loose probably half a stone in fat though so how much cardio did you do a week? I'm currently 13 stone 1 and came down from 14'4.
    sorry Tom,just seen this nothing special about the diet, cut down on the beer, bread and potatoes, got off my ar5e and done a bit, oh and and being on the road all day I stopped visiting mcd`s, kfc and the greasy spoons and took one of those special k biscuits and an apple, boring at first but you educate youself, the beers the killer if you can cut that down to one on a quick visit and two or three on a late one then I go on the shorts. less of a hangover as well god knows what goes into a pint. As for high protein and cardio work, sorry mate, that went miles over my head : (
  • Options
    exactly spot on mate .

I'm not a big drinker but swapped beer for JD and diet coke , big bowl of cerial mid morning and a healthy decent size dinner in the evening .

If I feel hungry then I'll have some fruit but I think you're right on the bread as I was getting through about 6-8 slices a day which can't be good .

I also decided to get something for me 30 quid a month fitness first fees and started going every day , started by running 3 or 4k then slowly upped it . Now I run at least 10k every morning before work and sometimes a bit more at the weekend , it's become second nature to me and I actually really buzz off it.

Only problem I've really had is that it's cost me a fortune as I've had to buy a whole new set of clothes (some twice over) but never the less it's probably the best thing I'ved ever done.