Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Port Vale, match thread 19/11/16

Afternoon folks, well is this the start of a new era or more of the same old same old!!. With no new manager announced as yet Kevin Nugent will take care of team proceedings for today's match. New coach Chris O'Loughlin, one of RD's network guys arrived during the week, did we really need a new coach? The cinic in me says no, I reckon he might well be promoted to 'Head Coach' or even 'interim manager' sometime before Christmas, oh how I really want to be wrong on that, as I see last season happening all over again.
No team news as yet, but we know we are missing Mcgennis and Holmes for certain. I cant see beyond a 1-1 draw, but I alwayd live in hope I'll be proved wrong. So in the meantime COYR's!!!

I'll bring you team news as soon as I can.

NB I think attendance will be circa 5500.

Comments

• Options
    Kevin Nugent has admitted that Russell Slade’s sacking has come as a shock – but that Charlton’s players are used to managerial change.
    Addicks owner Roland Duchatelet dismissed Slade on Monday, the seventh firing since he bought the club just under three years ago.
    Assistant-boss Nugent, brought in by Slade from Luton Town, is in caretaker charge.
    He told the club’s matchday programme: “It has been a difficult week for everyone involved at the club, but our focus over the last few days has very much been on today’s game and making sure we do everything we can to secure all three points.
    “It was a shock for all of us to see Russell go on Monday evening, but footballers are very resilient characters, none more so than our group of players. We know they are fully equipped to move forward and concentrate on the task at hand in a professional way.”
  • Options
    We will be lucky to get nil today with our 2 most effective players out.
  • Options
    Would love to see an official break down of the £33m+ 'invested' - posted by CARD
    Let the customers and football world decide whether it was £33m+ well spent ... or should I say borrowed
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Here are some responses from twitter on the article from BBC London Sport-:

Managed to lie in the first sentence.

'The 7th most productive Club in the country at developing players' - #1 at hindering their development by exposing them too early.

They're bragging about pissing millions away on bad players/ones we can't use and then having to rely on kids to play instead.

They'll still playing the line about investing £30m+. They must think we're all brain dead. It's been lumped into the clubs debt.

Isn't this same drivel they always spout.

As I just posted on Twitter, this looks to be the exact statement they gave Sky's commentary team last weekend... although they're including Roland's birthday surprise as a 35th fan meeting and they've lost £5m down the back of the sofa since then it seems.
  • Options
    Wanted Botaka to start. Same old pedestrian midfield again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same old, same old. Slow midfield. 3 centre backs on bench. No RCC or Aribo. Utter shit
  • Options
    Still no Texeira! What is going on?
  • Options
    First bit of positive news for a couple of days.
  • Options
    Apparently Solly misses out with a "knee complaint".... or is it actually a "Congo Chris Complaint" that's seen him sent to the naughty step?
  • Options

Still no Texeira! What is going on?

Shouldn't even be on the bench if he's never gonna play. Just wasting a space.
  • Options
    Could it a risk to play magennis?
  • Options
    couldnt agree more

Shouldn't even be on the bench if he's never gonna play. Just wasting a space.

• Options
    edited November 2016

Article taken from Twitter and BBC London Sport after they asked the club about RS being sacked-:

Hang on it was 34 meetings last Saturday?

When was the 35th?

Good to see the "we will improve Communications line" in there too, cant be having a statement without that comment...
  • Options
    We really don't want to try anything different do we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't wait for Nugent to be gone and for the remainders of the Slade regime to be over. Let's hope when he goes we never play Jacko on the left side of midfield in a 4-4-2 again.

It's been mooted that Slade lost the dressing room. The best I can hope for is that the "shackles will be off" now that he gone. But frankly, I can't quite see it.
  • Options
    Here we go again then...no Slade but looks like his team. Keep an eye on CO'L "coaching" on the sidelines. Time will tell if the likes of Gary Caldwell will be happy to have a regime coach within his ranks.
  • Options

Magennis has made it!!

Will probably break down in the first five minutes....."we made a mistake in bringing Josh back too soon - he's now out for the rest of the season"....
  • Options

Article taken from Twitter and BBC London Sport after they asked the club about RS being sacked-:

Their PR hitlist.
  • Options

Their PR hitlist.
    Have they ever said "Our ultimate aim is to see Charlton Athletic return to the Premier League" before....?
  • Options
    Still no Tex
  • Options
    Jerome Thomas first goalscorer.
  • Options

Actions speak louder than words.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!