Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meire's weird understanding of time

We all know that English isn't Meire's first language but as she studied at the LSE she has a pretty good working knowledge.

However, she seems to struggle with the concept of time - big time if you excuse the pun.

On the appointment of Slade she stated:
“He joins us as manager on a long-term contract and his appointment represents the start of an exciting new era at the club under his guidance.”

Ok, an era can be applied loosely to any length of time but for context the Mesozoic Geological era is reckoned at about 186 million years, the Roman era at about 507 years and the Victoria era, 64 years.

If Slade was a new era then it lasted fewer than 180 days I think and how were the previous eras reckoned?

Were all the Powell, Riga, Peeters, Luzon, Fraye, Riga again, eras lumped together under the generic 'learning from our mistakes' era or does each one of them count as a separate era as indeed Slade's was heralded?

The Luzon 'era' was suggested by Meire to be one which would rival that of Sir Alex Ferguson - what should we call it in hindsight?.

and, following the Club's statement that in effect the only good things Slade did were off-field at the training ground will the Slade era become known as the era of the neat tablecloths?

As a light-hearted Sunday exercise perhaps others will have their own ideas names for the multitude of eras which have come and gone over the past few years.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Yada Yada Yada.

She says era ,you say error.

Mr pinickity !
  • Options
    I believe Miere has used the term 'new era' or 'new beginning' at leads 8 times since they arrived..
  • Options
    I don't think you need to worry, they are learning from their mistakes
  • Options

I believe Miere has used the term 'new era' or 'new beginning' at leads 8 times since they arrived..

May be worth researching that as a useful piece of info.
  • Options
    Let's just appoint Zoltan G-era
  • Options
    I've got an era ache now.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Well I intend to erase her from my memory once she's sacked.
  • Options
    Just be patient.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

I'd just like to erase her.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

After letting whoever hires her next know what a complete catastrophe she is. And not to believe what Google throws up.
  • Options
    She also seems to confuse 'turning a corner' with being trapped in an endless downward spiral.
  • Options
    When you base everything on lies, it becomes impossible to know what is true and what is false.
  • Options
    I reckon squirrel face does actually believe her own cobblers.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

After being alerted to Rod Liddle's article in the Sports ST (see other thread) I bought a copy then went on to read his column in the main paper.

Evidently the compound word Post-truth has been named word of the year by the OED.

Its definition is:

Relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief.

I read this as............it's ok to lie if the ends justify the means..

Meire seems to employ post-truth a lot especially in Press Conferences (e.g. a potential investor was going to move the club away from the Valley...............each managerial appointment was the right one because we improved our position and rating each time) ...I know there are more examples on the LIAR video.

So, yes, I believe Meire has embraced the post-truth world inhabited by people like Boris Johnson and Donald Trump and say anything which she believes will keep her in post and demonstrate that Charlton is a well run club despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Coming soon: Katrien's adventures in Wonderland.

• Options

After being alerted to Rod Liddle's article in the Sports ST (see other thread) I bought a copy then went on to read his column in the main paper.

Evidently the compound word Post-truth has been named word of the year by the OED.

Its definition is:

Relating to or denoting circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief.

I read this as............it's ok to lie if the ends justify the means..

Meire seems to employ post-truth a lot especially in Press Conferences (e.g. a potential investor was going to move the club away from the Valley...............each managerial appointment was the right one because we improved our position and rating each time) ...I know there are more examples on the LIAR video.

So, yes, I believe Meire has embraced the post-truth world inhabited by people like Boris Johnson and Donald Trump and say anything which she believes will keep her in post and demonstrate that Charlton is a well run club despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Coming soon: Katrien's adventures in Wonderland.

She'd argue black was white and odds are evens.
  • Options
    Was it the LSE?
    I thought in London she studied at UCL.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Was it the LSE?

I thought UFO..........
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Was it the LSE?

Seth, you are right, I just checked on LinkedIn and it was UCL.

Don't know where i got the LSE from
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

Was it the LSE?

Seth, you are right, I just checked on LinkedIn and it was UCL.

Don't know where i got the LSE from
    Can't possibly have been ...that would mean she understood economics :wink:
  • Options
    If 160 days is an era, then I'd love to see how she describes her time at Charlton on her CV.

A "dynasty" perhaps?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

If 160 days is an era, then I'd love to see how she describes her time at Charlton on her CV.

A "dynasty" perhaps?

Die nasty you must mean
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Some might actually like to eradiKate her.

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

A "dynasty" perhaps?

Alexis Colby?
  • Options

Addickted said:

I thought this was one of my best ever - what does it take to get a "Like" or "LOL" these days??????
  • Options

Addickted said:

I thought this was one of my best ever - what does it take to get a "Like" or "LOL" these days??????
    Awwwww I tried to "Like" & "Lol" AA but can only do one or t'other so I've Lol'ed you.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Addickted said:

Here you go mate :wink:
  • Options
    I don't know about the Slade era, but the Meire era is going to go down as the worst era in Charlton's history