Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD has invested over £33million in Charlton

And where does that get you?

Mid table in a division lower then you originally were.

Roland has reminded all billionaires/millionaires to stay away from football.

Roland is great at running Charlton.....and is down £33million....so, folks, investors, unless you literally want to throw a high proportion of your money in a sewer, you better not buy a football club.

Roland leads by example on everything, so listen up.

That is the depressing message, delivered to football, by yours truly, Roland.

Avoid football, is the clear message.

The business all knowing genuie that is Dutchatalet has been very very unlucky.

He invested wisely with his 33million quid.....but yet, the club is underachieving in every single way.

Oh, no, thats not right.

Roland, for some reason, paid all that money to finance Charlton because he is some kind of rich robin hood that rondomly decided Charlton Athletic needed his assistance.

He saw we needed help and needed financing, so he dived right in at the last second before the club was about to imp!ode. (Bollocks we would have survived that season and just got sold to normal people in the summer)

Some might say Roland is a hero and we should be thankful.

Then how come the fans of his other clubs are rather fed up with him? He's a hero......no sense at all.

Maybe the special £33million +, invested.....is directly attached to money he will get back anyway, plus a bit more. Interest rate dependant via starprix.

Does that make MORE sense.

Yes

He's a businessman....that likes money.

It's what they do.

Katrien, please drop this line.

No one cares.

Good intent/bad intent.... irrelevant.

Massive Failure

Not because charlton dropped a league as a result of your ownership.....but because

You and your boss are enormous failures due to the fact you have wasted alot of money.....on......nothing?!!!

The experiment or whatever it is, was to keep costs as low as possible. The short way of saying it. Owning a club in the championship is always going to hit your wallet and put you on a loss. The nature of the beast. So you better get the club to the premier league, otherwise, you are a twat.....unless your a fan and enjoy the football, and attend.....then maybe, oh, no,

Don't brag about spending £33million, if it overall achieved f*ck all.

No one cares about stadium investments, especially if the football itself is terrible

Congratulations on your continuous personal f*ck up that affects you more then anyone else.

Piss off.

Comments

• Options

Good job it wasn't £66M, we would be in league two.

In a few years katrien will be reminding everyone Roland has invested 60 odd mil

And we will maybe be in league 2
  • Options
    She and Rolly should be embarrassed by this figure. This amount spent wisely should have seen us battling at the top of the championship. SCP got us promoted with less than a million at his disposal.

Think on Daisy, this just showcases what a disaster you both are.
  • Options
    Money well wasted
  • Options
    I've been wondering about this for a little while. Is it technically correct to say he's "invested" £33m when all he's actually done is lend us £33m ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I've been wondering about this for a little while. Is it technically correct to say he's "invested" £33m when all he's actually done is lend us £33m ?

That's correct he has basically lent us (CAFC) 33 mil, so what will happen when he sells us on, does he insist that the new owner pays him back the 33+mil before even considering the actual asking price?
  • Options
    Just shows you how much of a cnut he is!
  • Options
    Labelling it an "investment" for the media might even be considered an untruth by some but surely no CEO would lie to their own fans and the public at large.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Of course it's not but they don't see it that way.

It's like my mortgage provider saying they've invested £xxx in my house.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dave2l said:

Don't brag about spending £33million, if it overall achieved f*ck all.

Exactly. Stop mentioning this because it makes you look even more incompetent than people already think you are!

You take a championship side, invest 33m and we're in the bottom half of league one.
    Another case for bullet proof shoes instead of Duct tape.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Message for Airman.
    We keep hearing of this £33,000,000......but I doubt this is a true figure,because the regime received monies in return for players we have sold under his stewardship, which will balance the books to an extent.
    Leaving aside the fact that somehow or another the club actually owes him this money(which in itself is mind boggling), have you any idea what the true figures might be that he is out of pocket....it certainly ain't the £33,000,000 the club keeps harping on about!
  • Options
    Add Slade's large pay-off to this "investment".
  • Options
    We can only say he's a failure from a footballing standpoint. He's clearly not in this for footballing reasons.
    We don't know why he bought us and what his intentions and business plan were or are. In the same way we don't know why he owns other small, failing (in a football sense) clubs. From his personal selfish business perspective he might be a success.
  • Options
    RD has loaned over £33million to Charlton
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options

Just shows you how much of a cnut he is!

Your spelling isn't very good !
  • Options

Message for Airman.
    We keep hearing of this £33,000,000......but I doubt this is a true figure,because the regime received monies in return for players we have sold under his stewardship, which will balance the books to an extent.
    Leaving aside the fact that somehow or another the club actually owes him this money(which in itself is mind boggling), have you any idea what the true figures might be that he is out of pocket....it certainly ain't the £33,000,000 the club keeps harping on about!

I'd love to see a breakdown of this. How much is CapEx and how much OpEx?

How much did we 'pay' for network players etc, how much is debt from interest payable to Roly.

I'd bet a few quid this wouldn't look very good for him.
  • Options

Message for Airman.

Seeing that the figure has gone down £5m in the last week or so (since the brief to Sky) that might be problematic.

He's also "out of pocket" what he paid the previous owners, but of course he owns the fixed assets (less £7m) to offset that.
  • Options
    Spent, lent or invested it makes no difference in my eyes, anyway I look at it he has wasted an opportunity at Charlton and made my Saturdays miserable for the last 2.5 years.
    I don't begin to understand finance on that scale but even I can see £33m and the stories from club and owner don't make sense.

If he has invested the considerable sum of £33,000,000 in Charlton, as a business man, would he not want to make a return on that?
    He isn't going to sell a division 3 side for anything close to his supposed "investment" so it would be nice at the next Katy and Co fans get together if she could explain, with the aid of flip chart or PowerPoint, how these figures break down and what are his "investment" plans for the future.

Most people would be suicidal if they were going through money at that rate with little prospect of some sort of return for it.
  • Options

Add Slade's large pay-off to this "investment".

Add Meire's incompetence to this investment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Message for Airman.
    Leaving aside the fact that somehow or another the club actually owes him this money(which in itself is mind boggling), have you any idea what the true figures might be that he is out of pocket....it certainly ain the £33,000,000 the club keeps harping on about!

Permitted to lose 13 million last season, and 6 million the previous season. Debt to parent company Baton was 40.1 million in 2014/15 accounts. Losses that year were 3.78 million. Any player profit from Gudmunson, Pope and Cousins would be wiped out by write offs/subsidies for Bergdich, Saar, Watt, and Tucudean coupled with fees for Holmes, Pearce and Ajose. Then take away massive reduction in matchday income, transfer income ain't much of anything.

From memory it's also the same as Uefa's ffp, whereby infrastructure investment does not apply. So pitch and training ground investment would be included in debt to Baton. I guess the initial purchase and costs are also a reported loss for Baton? People will say it's a loan to the club but let's face it if you ran multiple businesses surely you'd run it like this to minimise taxes and risk. A mad football business strategy, coupled with efficent use of losses across businesses.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

se9addick said:

Of course it's not but they don't see it that way.

It's like my mortgage provider saying they've invested £xxx in my house.
    They have. That is why they charge you interest, as they want a return on their investment.

If you put your savings with a peer to peer lender you are investing them into a product you expect to see a return on but it is still loaning money to a business.

Same way you could well argue RD has invested money in Charlton, what it means is he expects to see a return be that through player sales or fixed asset sales which are the only likely/viable routes.

At least they are in essence admitting to this by saying it is invested rather than saying it has been gifted to the club.