Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Marks: Brizzle Rovers V Charlton

In the absence of @lancashire lad here is tonights Player Marks Thread

Marks between 0.5 and 10.0 please

Phillips
Foley
Chicksen
Bauer
Lookman
Crofts
Magennis
Ajose
Pearce
Ulvestad
Fox

Subs
Hanlan
Botaka
Jackson n/a

Comments

• Options
    Botaka - 7 looked fairly lively but the game was won at that point so didn't have that much to do.
    Hanlan - 6.5 ditto Botaka but less comfortable on the ball, certainly very quick.
  • Options
    Phillips 7 Fairly solid, seemed to lose the confidence of a few of the defenders after a few wayward kicks
    Foley 7
    Chicksen 7.5 plus.5 for the goal
    Bauer 9 nothing was getting past him
    Lookman 8.5 this kid is special
    Crofts 7
    Magennis 8.5 constant pain for their defence after 20 mins
    Ajose 8 you need to watch him closely to appreciate him. Comes alive when the ball is in the box or a defender makes an error
    Pearce 8 solid again
    Ulvestad 7
    Fox 7

Subs
    Hanlan 6
    Botaka 6
    Jackson n/a
  • Options
    Phillips 8 - couple of great saves before half time. Could essily have been different.
    Foley 7 - comfortable at right back
    Chicksen 7.5 - looked capable
    Bauer 8.5 - strong and scored
    Lookman 9 - the quality showed and once he'd scored he scared them, assisted and linked well with front 2
    Crofts 7.5 - nicely anonymous tidying up
    Magennis 9 - led from the front and showed hunger. First class.
    Ajose 8.5 - linked well and worked hard for his goal. Must stay in the team now he's warming up to goals
    Pearce 7 - I never wanted to see him after swindon but he made it through tonight
    Ulvestad 7.5 - not as mobile as he needed to be but linked play well
    Fox 7.5 - similarly despised after the Swinners debacle but put in a decent shift

Hanlan 6 - had chances but fancied it more than his abilities allowed
    Botaka 6 - didn't add much
  • Options
    Phillips 8
    Foley 6
    Chicksen 7
    Bauer 7
    Lookman 8
    Crofts 6
    Magennis 8
    Ajose 7
    Pearce 6
    Ulvestad 7
    Fox 7

Subs
    Hanlan 5
    Botaka 7
    Jackson n/a
  • Options
    Phillips 8
    Foley 8
    Chicksen 7.5
    Bauer 8.5
    Lookman 8
    Crofts 7.5
    Magennis 9
    Ajose 8
    Pearce 7.5
    Ulvestad 7.5
    Fox 7.5

Hanlan 7
    Botaka 7
  • Options
    Philips 8 impressive apart from a few dodgy kicks and penalty award

Foley 7 different player at the back

Chicksen goal gets him a 7 but seemed off the pace much of the time

Bauer 9 Immense

Lookman 8.5 terrorised defenders and linked up well with Josh. Brilliant goal

Crofts 6 passing OK but no bite hardly won a second ball. Guess shouldn't expect player to do what he's not best at.

Magennis 8.5 worked his socks off and held up play seemed to tire

Ajose 7 for the goal but has more to give didn't think he showed much confidence or anticipation

Pearce 7 Solid game

Ulvestad 6 like Crofts neat passing but no bite, but not his game either. Rovers were too free to pepper balls from midfield down the channels and getting behind back four

Fox 7 Solid defending and support play

Rovers defending was awful and keeper had a mare. Took our chances but didn't feel like we took them apart which score suggests. Statistics may prove me wrong.

• Options

Phillips 8 I think I counted 4 brilliant first half saves. It gave him confidence and he kept them out of it first half. 2 or 3 second half kicks were very dodgey but they weren't costly. Not sure what happened for the penalty. Unlucky not to keep a clean sheet.

Foley 8 very good at right back. It also made room for Chicksen in the midfield...

Chicksen 8 very threatening going forward. Had a point to prove and I believed he proved it. It's good to have pace on the wing in the absence of Holmes. Took his goal well too. Great play for the second goal.

Bauer 8 We've got a big fucking German! Solid at the back for us and a very good header. Too good for this league but who cares!

Lookman 8 one incident at 0-0 where he lost his man and didn't bother following. That forced Phillips into making a good save. Took his goal well but it took a defection... great play for the second goal.

Crofts 7 didn't really notice him much but you don't have to... he breaks up play and plays it simple. That's what he's there to do. He done it well.

Magennis 8.5 they couldn't handle him. His strength is brilliant. Took his goal well too.

Ajose 8.5 looked up for it. I wasn't there at the weekend or vs Swindon but I've not seen him that keen this season. You could see he wanted a goal and he got it... it was a very good finish too. He set up Hanlan for two very good chances too so shows he's not greedy. Could've had a second when he rounded the keeper but for good defending.

Pearce 8 solid at the back.

Ulvestad 7 didn't notice him much but as per Crofts, done the simple things well. We played down the wing a lot so the CMs were missed out somewhat.

Fox 7.5 solid at the back. He played better than I've seen this season and I think it's because he's not left as exposed as how Lookman leaves him. With Chicksen in front he can overlap. Solid.

Subs
    Hanlan 6 still very raw. Had two good chances but he panicked and his first touch let him down.
    Botaka 6 the game was won
    Jackson n/a always good to see Jacko get a cameo.
  • Options
    Phillips 7.5
    Foley 7.0
    Chicksen. 7.0
    Bauer. 8.5
    Lookman. 9.0
    Crofts. 7.0
    Magennis. 8.0
    Ajose. 7.0
    Pearce. 8.0
    Ulvestad. 7.0
    Fox. 7.0