Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest striker rumour going around

edited May 2007 in Rumours
Luke Varney - Crewe.

Have heard no more than reading it elsewhere though, reportedly at the ground today.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Luke Varney - Crewe

Have heard no more than reading it elsewhere though, reportedly at the ground today.

Not via a taxi driver?

"I 'ad that Luke Varney in my taxi yesterday. Picked 'im up from the Valley"
  • Options
    I think Varney is at the ground most days (except this week when he's been in court giving evidence for 5.5 hours)
  • Options
    colchesters striker we want apparently
  • Options
    thats a bit hands on for an MD..
  • Options
    I would take a punt on the other centre forward there Maynard young but got an eye for a goal.
  • Options
    crewe fans are saying varney to us is stitched on. not a bad striker but i hope for a better one if this is true.
  • Options
    at £2m, they seem to think we've been done.

Mind you, so did Ipswich about Darren Bent...
  • Options
    Luke Young to Villa - you heard it here first - locked on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]crewe fans are saying varney to us is stitched on. not a bad striker but i hope for a better one if this is true.

Pards likes an ex Crewe striker. Lets hope he's got more luck than Dean Ashton.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    SLP has an atricle about how Kish, Elk, Lisbie and Myhre will have talks about their futures in the next week.

When mentioning Lisbie it says:

Lisbie's wife gave birth to a baby boy this week, so talks on his future will be staged after the weekend.

The promising 28-year-old striker's season has been plagued by injury - a growth was removed from his nose last summer and he has suffered a series of set-backs this term, playing just nine times for the Addicks. He has scored a total of 16 goals in 62 league starts for the club since signing as a pro in 1995 after coming through the Valley ranks.

How can he be 28 and promising?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd love to see Missbie's contract, what exactly does it say that prevents us ever getting rid of the bloke? Did Curbs let him sign a lifetime contract or something?
  • Options
    Myhre has signed for a Norwegian club already
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Myhre has signed for a Norwegian club already

You can't let the truth get in the way of a newspaper article
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]at £2m, they seem to think we've been done.
    if there's accuracy to that, it could be a final figure based on appearances, promotion, champions league etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]at £2m, they seem to think we've been done.
    if there's accuracy to that, it could be a final figure based on appearances, promotion, champions league etc.

On their rivals site a bloke claiming to ITK says its two million and 500k based on appearances etc
  • Options
    How good is he - anyone seen him?
  • Options
    really not convinced about luke varney, especially for 2mil and above, he's 26 in a couple of months, it's not as if it's one for the future like sharp/eastwood/jones, nor is it like he's a freebie or proven at championship level like iwelumo
  • Options
    Yes i have and tbh i think he's a quality guy, not sure about the price coming from crewe, but definately one to watch