Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Child abuse within football (Charlton mentioned pg 4)

Comments

• Quite right too. What a twat!
  • I wonder if "Bristow's a knob" could be the rarest of topics - one that everyone on Charlton Life agrees about ?!
  • personally i would like to see varying levels of torture carried out on these oxygen thieves, but that wont happen.
  • Bristow proving why people over 40 should not be allowed on social media. If they are not inappropriately using emoticons or sharing banal memes about how much they love their grandkids they are usually coming out with stuff that would make Farage blush.
  • Bristow proving why people over 40 should not be allowed on social media. If they are not inappropriately using emoticons or sharing banal memes about how much they love their grandkids they are usually coming out with stuff that would make Farage blush.

Ease up, I'm 40 next year and I'm as PC as they come.
  • se9addick said:

I'm sure he'll be claiming it's "PC gone mad" soon.

If he had claimed it's "PC hacked" he might still have a job.

what we doing for your birthday?

i reckon we could have a weekend in France again, i cant believe what your house is like now compared to when we were over, your drive was practically a forrest

i reckon we could have a weekend in France again, i cant believe what your house is like now compared to when we were over, your drive was practically a forrest
    Yeah, can sort summin out young Dave. See if we can catch that woman snagging blokes in that bar toilet again. Eh?
  • Just read Bristow's tweets again. With Christmas coming up, somebody should buy that twat a dictionary!!!
  • Eric you require a P45
  • Sponsored links:

• BBC reporting 350 abused players have so far come forward as of today, this is going to be big.
  • BBC reporting 350 abused players have so far come forward as of today, this is going to be big.

I think this will be bigger than the Savile enquiry I sad to say.

Im curious to know why we're not hearing anything from Cricket / Rugby teams though

Im curious to know why we're not hearing anything from Cricket / Rugby teams though
    We will ......... in time , we will

If they have any sense they'll be ensuring their house is in order.
    If I were the governing body of a sport I'd be getting a root and branch audit underway which has a policy of complete and appropriate disclosure of anything found.
    The current people at the top of the FA are being very open about the situation. It's obviously the right thing to do but it is likely to be necessary to deal with the problem from back in 2003 when a safeguarding programme was cut off short. Sounds like there are a number of skeletons in the cupboard.

Yeah I think this is going to take a long, long time to get to the bottom of. Particularly regarding who was aware of what. Chelsea allegedly paid someone off as little as two years ago to keep quiet about stuff from the 80s.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

BBC reporting 350 abused players have so far come forward as of today, this is going to be big.

Yeah I think this is going to take a long, long time to get to the bottom of. Particularly regarding who was aware of what. Chelsea allegedly paid someone off as little as two years ago to keep quiet about stuff from the 80s.
    Will never get to the bottom of this jimmy
    Was an article in one of the papers saying a number of clubs have paid off victims to keep quiet
  • clb74 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

BBC reporting 350 abused players have so far come forward as of today, this is going to be big.

Was an article in one of the papers saying a number of clubs have paid off victims to keep quiet
    If clubs have paid people off then someone *will* talk. Football is an incredibly small world.
  • clb74 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

If clubs have paid people off then someone *will* talk. Football is an incredibly small world.
    Depends how much they were ...allegedly ...paid.
  • Sponsored links:

Fancy dress party

• If Chelsea have paid someone off,especially very recently, to cover up child abuse that took place in their academy then I genuinely don't know what a fitting punishment would be.
  • se9addick said:

If Chelsea have paid someone off,especially very recently, to cover up child abuse that took place in their academy then I genuinely don't know what a fitting punishment would be.

Close the club. Shut them down.
  • Chelsea always show their true colours total disgrace
  • se9addick said:

If Chelsea have paid someone off,especially very recently, to cover up child abuse that took place in their academy then I genuinely don't know what a fitting punishment would be.

Massive fine, they'll pump a couple of scapegoats and donate a few mill to a child abuse charity
  • Surely paying someone hush money is perverting the course of justice which should override any confidentiality agreement they may have signed.
  • se9addick said:

Massive fine, they'll pump a couple of scapegoats and donate a few mill to a child abuse charity
    Probably, unfortunately.
  • Surely paying someone hush money is perverting the course of justice which should override any confidentiality agreement they may have signed.

We may be about to find out.
  • the latest is allegedly chelsea paid off a lad 50k and sign a gagging order. sorry that lads parents are a disgrace. no amoint of money or the desperation of my child to become a footballer would buy my silence