Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mascot Package

2»

Comments

• Options
    It’s a fair outlay (particularly with twins!), but it was without doubt one of my favourite and memorable days following Charlton when my boys were mascots last season.

As long as you have a shave, you'd get away with doing it with them mate.
    Would be hilarious seeing an adult in full kit walking out holding Stockley's hand and having a pre match kick about with the team.

Think Hartlepool fans did it for the groom on a stag do.

Someone did it at Welling a few years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=trC7Sh0s_HU
    Ha ha! Hope you had a brilliant day mate ;-)
  • Options
    My feedback is a mixed bag but mostly leaning towards the negative.

My daughter did it. It was expensive, once I added my youngest and my Dad to the package (£100 for their meals as apparently the ticket is complimentary). 

The bad.

The food was disappointing. Nothing unusual there. It's Charlton. But £50 for a 5 year old to get some cheap nuggets and a few chips is extortionate. Of our choices which we were asked to make in advance, of which all was pretty limited options, we then found out that 2 of the 5 meals were unavailable anyway and we had to accept an unwanted choice. No real apology either. 

We were also shoved off to some small narrow room and made to feel like they were doing us a favour by "leading us" through a lounge (don't mind the plebs). 

Considering we'd dropped nearly £500 and the kits were down to about £10 for the full set by the day of the game I expected much better treatment, not being made to feel like 2nd class citizens compared to the posh lot in the lounge. 

The seats are right by the tunnel. Good in some ways but bad in others. I have no idea how managers can probably view the game from this angle. It was very difficult to see what was happening when the ball was down the far end.

There were other things that bothered me, maybe more petty, and to do with interactions with some of the staff, which I was also disappointed with given I've heard such great things about one of them in particular. Maybe I caught her on a bad day, but one of those ended with my daughter in tears due to the way she was dismissed when she asked for something. 

The positives.

Getting a small tour pitch side. It was a glorious day. They got to sit in the dugouts, and up in the directors box. The interactions with Bob who oversaw the group were great, and seeing my daughter having a kickabout on the pitch and then walking out with Dobbo were great experiences, and this should have been the things I took away from the day. Unfortunately my overall experience was a negative one, and I came away with an overall feeling of disappointment. 

I often do things like this and wonder whether my expectations are too high. I think it's a lot of money. I expected more than we got for sure. I hope anyone deciding to do it this season has a better experience than we did.  
  • Options
    This feedback should be given to the club, maybe Raelynn.

Wondering whether your contact from the club for this package/experience is still in post .

If no positive response, I'd ask one of the FF reps to put this on the agenda for their next meeting which should mean the discussion/outcome etc will be in the minutes for all to read. 
  • Options
    When the junior reds was first started up they used to pick kids at random to be mascots. I never managed it! ☹️

I'd love for my boys (twins) to be mascots one day but got no chance at those prices.
  • Options
    Well in answer to your 2nd point, no they're not. But they were a couple of weeks ago. He was good as gold for us. 

I guess my issue with providing feedback comes back to my final point. Are my expectations realistic? Maybe not. I don't know. What do I think I'll gain by raising it? Not a lot.

I certainly have no interest in escalating the final issue on my negative list because all comments I ever see about that person are positive, and if the overwhelming feedback about someone is good, even if your experience was not, you have to contend that maybe it was just a bad day/time and there's nothing to be gained by complaining. It may even be my perception that's off, or just a miscommunication. Maybe I was the issue, at the end of a long day. Maybe the fact that it left my daughter in tears clouded my view and my view of the interaction feels worse than it was in reality

But indeed the rest of my comments I certainly stand by and would be happy to be received by the club, but do I have the energy to bother beyond giving some feedback here to other fans. Not really although of course it doesn't give the club the right to reply.
  • Options
    It’s my sons 21st in a few weeks. Thinking of getting him a mascot package as a surprise present. So, if you see a lanky young man with a beard in full Charlton kit leading the team out, you’ll know who the dad is 😁

• Options
    It’s a fair outlay (particularly with twins!), but it was without doubt one of my favourite and memorable days following Charlton when my boys were mascots last season.

As long as you have a shave, you'd get away with doing it with them mate.
    Would be hilarious seeing an adult in full kit walking out holding Stockley's hand and having a pre match kick about with the team.

Think Hartlepool fans did it for the groom on a stag do.

Lad at work had this done to him at Brentford a few seasons back.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    BTW, as far as I know, Everton is one of the few (only?) clubs that does not charge for mascot packages. Mascots are picked at random from a list of junior members. A friend's son was chosen for the away game at Man City a few seasons back and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. 
    Quite a few in the Prem I think are free. City, Arsenal, United and Newcastle were certainly free a couple of years ago anyway

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/02/11/5e4299fdca4741e1038b45d4.html
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Already bagged one for myself.

• Options
    My boy was mascot v Hull just before Covid.  It was free (we had to buy a kit) as the club had ballsed up on something else.  It was fabulous and a really memorable time (except the last minute equaliser we conceeded).

There were two other boys with him.  I don't think any had paid.  One was from a local school and a Chelsea fan, his Dad went on about how he had done it for Chelsea a few weeks before and then got upset when the club official said his son had to have a Charlton kit to go on the pitch and he would have to pay for it.  I think they lent him a top in the end.  

I think as it was an evening game there had been no take up by fans hence them gifting them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    My two were mascots in around 2010 or 2011, pretty sure it was £250 each but they kindly discounted me to £400 the pair….but then they forgot to take the pre-kick-off photo with teams + mascots as the souvenir….d’oh!
  • Options
    JRS on the far right! 😀