Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Donate a coat and get a free ticket

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    JWADDICK said:

Beardface said:

"Recent research shows that more than 1.2 million people over 60 in the UK agree that having a warm coat is a good thing during that period."

Who the hell researches that? I think it's a good thing to have a fresh supply of toilet paper in the bathroom and I don't need 1.2 million OAPs to tell me that.

So as pensioners make up 1/6 of the population that's about 8.8 million OAP's who don't think having a warm coat is a good idea? No wonder that so many of the poor old devils suffer from hypothermia every winter.

You just got to love statistics or bullshit as it's more commonly called.
    When done badly stats can appear like bullshit.

That would have been better worded like xx% of people over the age of 60 questioned believe having a warm winter coat is important for the elderly in winter.

Or something like that..

Even better have a stat on the number of people who can't afford/don't have a thick winter coat. Concentrate on the problem you are solving not a hypothetical is it important.

It could be important but if everyone has one it's not a problem.

Not a go at the trust but have to defend at good stat when it is questioned.
  • Options
    I would but I am all fur coat and no knickers as my old Nan used to say!
  • Options
    Dropped off a few coats this morning. All very easy but you need to give them an email address for each ticket. Wished I hadn't taken all 50 coats!