Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fidel Castro - RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    It's a RIP from me.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Make no mistake, had the population of Cuba been as big as Russia, he would have murdered just as many, if not more, than his old hero Stalin.
    He's gone to his grave with the blood of thousands on his hands.......he was an evil nutter who showed all the signs of psycothapy.
    His henchmen went on for decades looking for "enemies of the state", long after it was necessary, as his regime was by then well entrenched and under relatively little threat.
    As with all dictators of his ilk, he was a ruthless despot and destroyed countless thousands of lives in achieving his own personal idea of utopia and grandeur.
  • Options
    90. Lived to a good age considering how many times the yanks tried to assassinate him.
  • Options
    iainment said:

It's a RIP from me.

To him or the countless people he had murdered?
  • Options
    Some really thoughtful and intelligent posts, Muttley. Nice to hear a balanced view, when so much of politics is so polarised at the moment.
  • Options

90. Lived to a good age considering how many times the yanks tried to assassinate him.

Trump the man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone who orders the murder of another is a murderer.

Proportional to the population he presided over, Castro committed an atrocity equivalent to the Holocaust.

He was an icon of the 20th century but anyone who thinks this person deserves anything than utter contempt either does not know the facts or thinks murder is a legitimate political tool.
  • Options
    Some people need to go and read some Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch reports on Cuba. The history of using the ends to justify the means is not a very good one,
  • Options
    It seems that Muttley is putting forward the best, balanced views.

I think Castro was a great man. I also think that in the Cuban missile crisis the real statesman was Kruschev who took his missiles away knowing that Kennedy was planning to set off the greatest conflagration imaginable. It should not be forgotten that America had nuclear weapons pointed at Russia along the Turkish border and every bit as threatening as anything planned for Cuban sites.
    The fact is most world leaders are complete bastards, including both Krushev and Kennedy, and many who preceded them and many that have followed. Include Castro if you want, but he was NOT in the same league.
  • Options
    Castro was driven into the arms of the Russians by the Americans. What went on in Cuba before the revolution, people who are critical should read up on. Many won't of course but they will still have a view. Castro was from a rich family, he decided to risk his life for his people. Now when you achieve freedom, you lose it because the world is complicated. You become a bit of a monster yourself to maintain what you fought for, but nothing that man did in those early years, he did for himself.