Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orange Broadband Users

I read the other day that AFKA and a few others were experiencing difficulties with Orange Broadband this week. Does anyone know what the actual problem was or is it still ongoing?

I got a call from my irrate father-in-law about 9.30pm last night saying he couldnt get on the web. Went round there to find that there was no fault with the line (after calling BT) but it appears there's just no connection. The Netgear router is working fine and we can connect two different laptops to the wi-fi but still nothing. I've tried disabling the anti-virus software but makes no difference.

I think its a technical problem with Orange rather than a hardware problem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    I had that problem as well. I'll look on their web site.
  • Options
    i managed to get on last night for the first time since last friday, so hopefully its been resolved.

Call centre support had told someone nearby they had been experiencing problems in the greenwich area.
  • Options
    It's all over London. They've had problems since Friday last week although the problem should have been ok since Tuesday night! it was apparently 2 different faults, which I found out having made several phonecalls to their support.
  • Options
    The in-laws live in Gravesend...so perhaps its a whole issue for the South East then...
  • Options
    Yep, we're on Orange and the download speeds are pathetic 18Mbps at it's worst, 36 Mbps at it's best
  • Options
    Have had similar problems over the last week, but it seemed to be working last night in the Charlton area.

Didn't help that their service status line was reporting no problems the other night, but when I got through to customer support they confirmed the server had been down for hours...!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Yep, we're on Orange and the download speeds are pathetic 18Mbps at it's worst, 36 Mbps at it's best

I dream of 18mbps here in Norfolk. Can't even get a theoretical 8mbps.