Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saudi Billionaires

13»

Comments

• Options
    I jest. Every statement of mine will find a way to laud CARD and end 'fuck Palace, amen'
  • Options
    Will it be like a lords prayer as the teams come out instead of red red robin?
  • Options
    Up The Junction. All of it. Only songs by Charlton fans from now on
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I jest. Every statement of mine will find a way to laud CARD and end 'fuck Palace, amen'

But presumably the Guardian will replace Sky Sports as the favoured outlet for leaking news?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

seth plum said:

Feck me, Leuth is going to be CEO and relocate the club to Lee!

If you think Katie has said some stuff to piss off the proletariat, you wait until Leuth gets stuck into a press statement.
    "As a diamond geezer from South East London I feel like my indigenous upbringing fully synthesises with the sociopolitical mandates of the role."
    How extraordinary......I was just about to type the very same thing!

• Options

We really want to be owned by one of the most barbaric countries in the world?

Hardly going to be beheading people during the pre match warm up are they?

If they're willing to invest their money and run the club properly with a CEO who knows what they're doing then i couldn't care less what goes on in downtown Riyadh. You can't dismiss a potential Saudi owner just because of what his country of birth is like, in the same way you wouldn't dismiss all Belgians as complete fucking morons because of RD and KM.
    I'd be tempted.
  • Options
    Can't wait for a birthday sing song and a beer in downtown Riyadh when the chairman doesn't keep his promises. Second thoughts !!! Fuck that.
  • Options

Leuth said:

But presumably the Guardian will replace Sky Sports as the favoured outlet for leaking news?
    Coded into my novels, pal
  • Options
    Beardface said:

If they're willing to invest their money and run the club properly with a CEO who knows what they're doing then i couldn't care less what goes on in downtown Riyadh. You can't dismiss a potential Saudi owner just because of what his country of birth is like, in the same way you wouldn't dismiss all Belgians as complete fucking morons because of RD and KM.
    I'd be tempted.
    Any country that produces Jacques Brel can't be all bad.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Coded into my novels, pal
    Didn't know you were a dan brown fan @leuth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The da Vinci Code is a huge load of shite of the first order, book and film both.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Beardface said:

I'd be tempted.
    And Django Rheinhardt
  • Options
    If the Saudi's, or anyone else for that matter, offers enough and Rolly is happy to accept, he will not be putting it to a vote. So by all means have a view, just do not expect anyone to take any notice.

Maybe the time is right to try and start negotiations with Rolly to find a way forward? Devil you know and all that....
  • Options
    It must be that time of year again, shock horror Charlton fans strung along again on another false dawn.
  • Options
    I was about to buy the club, but then I received this email:

Dear Customer Paypal,
    Paypal account you have is Iimited, because our system has detected that your PayPaI account has been used by parties who are not responsible.

So I no longer have the necessary funds.

Well it seemed authentic to me...
  • Options

Depends what the new owners would be like, not going to immediately judge them just because of the country where they're from.

I'm sure 90% of people on here were delighted that a Belgian Multimillionaire was purchasing the club a few years ago...

And this is the concern when pinky and perky bugger off.

There is no telling what we'll be landed with, surely not as bad as this mob though.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

The fact that you're ending pressers with "amen" worries me that you're planning to use your position as CEO to make yourself a demigod...
  • Options
    If this comes off then it's a great excuse to play Rock the Casbah over the sound system at The Valley (not that we need an excuse).
  • Options
    So, anyway, what would be the chance of us being bought by Bin Laden Group (Saudi engineering/building conglomerate of note)?

Actually, at the moment the Saudi economy is really struggling - if there was Saudi money, it's very unlikely to be openly from the House of Saud, and there might be an unwillingness to openly splash the cash generally...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dizzee said:

I heard they are buying Millwall

They want to get some fresh ideas on urban warfare for their mates in ISIL.
  • Options
    Throwing pigs on the pitch would go down an absolute storm!
  • Options

roland and katrien are some of the worst but as i go chelsea reasonably often, give me league 1 football any week, you cant see anything there because of selfie sticks all of which people are day trippers that have bought tickets off some sort of tout, just not a bit of me.

Don't know what it takes to be banned from Charlton Life, but you must be treading a fine line
    Next time you go, ask them where they were when they were shit...
  • Options

iainment said:

Beardface said:

I'd be tempted.
    And Django Rheinhardt
    And Toots Thielman
  • Options

But perhaps a good way to liven up half time? Anything would be better than the cross bar challenge surely?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rananegra said:

Sounds unlikely to me. Not particularly happy about the Saudi regime, but unless it is someone specifically involved in human rights abuses, you can't tar all Saudis with the same brush. More concerned that any potential owner "gets Charlton"; categorically reject the racist assumption from RD that somehow only Brits and Belgians can get English football.

Brits and Belgians are not a "race" they are Nationalities made up of many different races so how on earth can RD's assumption (I hate the wanker by the way) be Racist. I think you mean Nationalistic.