Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Expectations now?

Comments

• Options
    Improve the midfield and maybe a PO place would be possible....if not then top half at best.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Essex_Al said:

Still hoping for automatic promotion, only seen two good teams this season Sheff. Utd. and Scunthorpe. Should either of those falter I hope we can catch them. Apart from that nothing less than the play offs.

I think we're too prone to an off day to think about top 2. Strengthen properly in Jan and Top 6 is possible.
    Totally agree Louis, without a shadow of doubt we must strengthen in January. At the moment, I believe with a fully fit side we are top 6, add two or three and we could go all the way.
  • Options
    My expectations are that -

We will win some
    We will draw some
    We will lose some
    There will be continued protests
    KR will want fans onside
    NightMeire will be locked away in case anyone hears her lie again
    Roland will not come to a game
    We will see some good players sold in January
    We will buy some decent players in January
    and after all that, if we are not in the top six by early April, Robbo will be sacked.
  • Options
    I have Great Expectations. Also Little Dorrit and The Old Curiosity Shop!

Eh?

You wouldn't get this sort of high brow stuff on a Spanner site...
  • Options
    Play offs as an absolute minimum, top two does look a bit far off now however. Saturday is a massive chance to really get going, against the beast he has built. There's still five games to go in the league until we can call in for backup, however. They are not easy matches either; high flying Bradford, Millwall and Southend away, with Peterborough at home. The only game I would call 'must win' is MK Dons on Boxing Day - the others could easily be 3-0 losses or good wins.
  • Options

I have Great Expectations. Also Little Dorrit and The Old Curiosity Shop!

Eh?

You wouldn't get this sort of high brow stuff on a Spanner site...

No Bleak House, Nicholas Nickleby or Pickwick Papers???
  • Options
    Nobody has a clue what will happen.....
  • Options
    I expect Lookman, Konsa, Bauer, amd possibly Lennon to go (if I was properly paranoid, I'd worry what would happen if an offer came in for Magennis).

Ba will be offered an enhanced six year deal, and then promptly loaned to Jena.

Naby Sarr will return, and we'll be told it will be just like having a new signing at the club - unfortunately, this will turn out to have been a new signing like Polish Pete.

In an effort to bring in players with Premier League experience, Roland will personally scout and sign Ali Dia, but we won't be able to get in any other central midfielders, or wingers, or additional chips....

So, as ever with the regime, onwards and upwards.
  • Options

I bet £50 with @PragueAddick before the season started that we'd make the top six.

I was expecting Slade to be able to repair the midfield in the summer and that he'd still be around but I still think it was a good bet.

But a long way to go and I don't think we've been in the top six yet all season.

Expectation was top 6 minimum and possible top 2 and that remains the same. This is league 1 FFS

Reckon my bet is looking solid. I think we will finish up around where we are now, and will be relieved to do so. The club is completely dysfunctional, far more so than when Parky got us into the play -offs. Mysterious injuries happen, and take ages to clear up. Benches look threadbare. Lookman will go in the window, and RD will trouser the money, as he did at Standard. Josh Magennis is a shining light this season, but we need a lot more than that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

I bet £50 with @PragueAddick before the season started that we'd make the top six.

I was expecting Slade to be able to repair the midfield in the summer and that he'd still be around but I still think it was a good bet.

But a long way to go and I don't think we've been in the top six yet all season.

Expectation was top 6 minimum and possible top 2 and that remains the same. This is league 1 FFS

This have had £50 at an average of 3/1 to make top 6
    Few quid on us to get promoted at 10s
    Can get 80/1 still on us to win league
    Still get 11/4 to make play offs and 9/4 top 6
    Also various prices to win the league £40worth
  • Options
    I don't have any expectations. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt & the hat #sorry :-(
  • Options
    Blimey. Optimism is on the up with many. I see it as maybe, maybe not.
  • Options
    After Swindon plenty on here were thinking about the possibility of relegation. Now, CL is awash with optimism.

Maybe ( and it's a small maybe) Katie did something right this time?
  • Options

After Swindon plenty on here were thinking about the possibility of relegation. Now, CL is awash with optimism.

First time for everything i suppose
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Not digging you out squire, but do you genuinely think any decision on who the manager is and when a manager gets fired will have anything to do with her?
  • Options
    I think it's blatantly obvious Meire has nothing to do with firing of managers least of all Slade. KR will keep his job if he gets us into the play-offs. If he gets us promoted he will get more money (I hope) to get into a decent championship position. The club will hopefully be by then ready for sale. Lookman is probably already sold and this will pay for a decent midfielder and possible a decent striker to work with magennis.
  • Options
    I'm thinking along the same lines as @NornIrishAddick.

We'll have a nice little run, getting everyone's hopes up. The January window will open -

- we'll sell Lookman so that Roland can pay down some debt to himself
    - we'll sell Bauer to reduce the wage overhead
    - Rudd will be recalled by Norwich
    - Holmes injury will take longer to heal than expected
    - this will all happen too late to find replacements
    - we muddle on and end up in mid table mediocrity
    - the level of mediocrity will determine when Robinson gets the hook
    - Katie will tell us they have learned from their mistakes

I will be very happy if it doesn't go down like this, but I'm inclined to believe at this point that past performance is an indication of things to come.
  • Options

Maybe RD did. Nothing to do with Meire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our best hope of making the top 2 is to buy Scunny's best 2 or 3 players and the Sheff U lad that ran rings around us on Saturday. I expect to make the play offs and hope we're the form team, when they start.
  • Options
    Play offs minimum, just as it was the minimum at the beginning of the season, anything else is failure.
  • Options
    I think Slade was doing well and the team was beginning to gel. Robbo has come in at a great time to really give another push and I think he will be given some money to splash in January.

The most positive I have been in a long long time.

May even be believing that Rolly is beginning to get it.
  • Options
    I expect us to improve our position every time
  • Options
    Let's go really positive, top 6, promotion through the play offs.

Now that we are really building something, how many of the squad once Lookman, Konsa, Tex and Ba are sold in Jan or close season are capable of playing in the Championship?

Pearce, Bauer, Solly if he recovers form, Phillips as a second choice, Magennis maybe. We would need to start all over again. Again.
  • Options
    But vetokele would come back from his loan spell ;)
  • Options
    A day out at Wembley wouldn't go a miss
  • Options
    I expect it will all end in tears. Genuinely amazed at how hopeful some people seem.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I expect it will all end in tears. Genuinely amazed at how hopeful some people seem.

I can see why. Team has been generally better. Only 3 point off the playoffs. A new manager who appears on paper to be an improvement, and certainly projects a more positive image than Slade.

I just can't imagine that Kat and Roly won't decimate the squad at the transfer window and mismanage the opportunity they have.

If we get out of January wit the squad largely intact, and with some extra help in midfield, I will be genuinely optimistic that the team can succeed.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Pedro45 said:

We will win some

We will lose some

It's all the same to him.

The Ace of Slades, the Ace of Slades.

Genius