Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Roland sacked Slade - did Katy appoint KR?

If the consensus is that Roland wanted Congo Chris to replace Slade - should we give Katy any credit for the Appointment of KR?
She must have known she would have got slaughtered if CC had got the job so must have used all her powers of persuasion to RD to go British again and start talks with KR.Just a thought but is she seeing the light of day?

Comments

• Roland met him in Paris.
  • NightMeire deserves no credit - she got us into this hole, and it won't be her actions that get us out of it unless it is down again!
  • She gets no credit simply because i doubt she'd even heard of Karl Robinson 3 weeks ago. Someone clearly suggested him to her and all she did was make a phone call to him. She's basically Roly's PA.
  • If Rolly did want Congo Chris, then it would cetainly have been KM who persuaded him otherwise.

However, it has been officially said that CC was appointed to keep the coaching personal up to the same level when a gap was created by the sacking of Slade - hence CC was due to depart when Robbo appointed.

If you accept what the club and Robbo have said, then Rolly stuck to his guns and appointed a British manager so the credit belongs to him.

Actually, I think credit goes to us as supporters and to CARD. Well done Rolly for listening. Pop along more often Rolly and listen, you may still be none the wiser, but at least you will be better informed!
  • What Nug said.
    It's probably a sign of how low we have sunk that we are all so easily bowled over by Robinson's enthusiasm and positivity.(as I am)
    I have a good feeling about his appointment but let's see how things pan out.
    Whether his appointment was driven by Meire against Roland's preference is pure speculation.
    Past evidence suggests he decides and she is left floundering.
    Let's see some tangible evidence of change and success before we start handing out plaudits to Meire.
    They might get lucky this time but whatever Robinson's qualities he is still working on dodgy foundations.
  • edited November 2016
    By the same logic KM appointed Slade.
  • Does it actually matter? .Can't we all just get behind the new manager?...
  • edited November 2016

By the same logic MK appointed Slade.

Great news, didn't know Mark Kinsella was back at the club.

**Too slow an edit Henry**
  • Sponsored links:

Does the running of the club not matter to you? Just a question because I think it does to a lot of people. Yes we all want success on the pitch and all hope KR can deliver it but you can't just ignore how the club is being managed, can you?
  • I think we established when Luzon was appointed than she has zero influence. if she has any say why did Robinson only meet with Duchatelet for three hours in Paris and not her?
  • She has zero influence on these decisions.

She likes to think of herself as powerful, due to the sad truth that she is not.

Saying Slade is the man and in it for the long term only a few weeks before he was sacked.

She is Roland's puppet.

Her job.
  • I expect Murray had a hand in suggesting the new manager, the new Coach is probably a concession and a backup plan that appeals to Roland.
  • razil said:

I expect Murray had a hand in suggesting the new manager, the new Coach is probably a concession and a backup plan that appeals to Roland.

I bet young Thomas had more of a say in hiring than Katy or Murray

We can, and I am sure most will. And in a way it does not matter IMHO, because one of the poisonous pairing appointed him, and while they are making the decisions the club isn't going to move forward for very long.
  • I imagine Karl put his CV or at least his agent did.

They like what they saw ie league 1 experience, young and unemployed.

No.
  • edited November 2016
    I know Katrien Meire is persona non grata.
    Yes, she is a glorified PA. but at least in the Serbian guy's case,
    when Duchatelet had already offered the job to Nobby Vinegar,
    and the statement had been written; Daisy in throwing her dolls out the Pram, did get Roland to change his mind.

In our present position, Karl Robinson was the best option, or if they had waited another week, Kenny Jacket.

After nearly 3 years of turning Faux pas into an art form,
    Karl Robinson will be like a Top weighted horse in the Grand National,
    and the Jockey is wearing blinkers.

Sacre bleu.

• I know Katrien Meire is persona non grata.
    Yes, she is a glorified PA. but at least in the Serbian guy's case,
    when Duchatelet had already offered the job to Nobby Vinegar,
    and the statement had been written; Daisy in throwing her dolls out the Pram, did get Roland to change his mind.

In our present position, Karl Robinson was the best option, or if they had waited another week, Kenny Jacket.

After nearly 3 years of turning Faux pas into an art form,
    Karl Robinson will be like a Top weighted horse in the Grand National,
    and the Jockey is wearing blinkers.

Sacre bleu.

Believe it was player pressure, that put an end to the Serbian, after the Huddersfield away debacle. . For the time being anyway...
  • Sponsored links:

• NO!

Even if she went out of her way to get Karl in (not true anyway)

She deserves no credit.

She's CEO of a football club.

She is either "doing her job" or she deserves criticism.

It's supposed to be a high pressure job.

She is in lala land and always has been since stepping foot at sparrows lane or the valley.

The CEO is supposed to be a hard working dedicated figure. Quite often doing thankless tasks.

She thinks she is the front face for all things Charlton when it is going well.
  • It seems we only interviewed two recently sacked managers and ruled another sacked manager (by Roland) but we are looking to improve. I think Karl is a postive addition but doubt he will see the season out.

• KM doesn't even have sufficient influence to be part of the press release introducing our new manager, let alone making decisions.