Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TWITTER! No comments. Just post your favourite tweets.

Comments

• Options

Great picture, brings the memories flooding back.

And shows what a state the Glicksteins left us in by taking their money out as quickly as they could instead of continuing to invest in the ground and the team when the going was good.
    I worked on these turnstiles for a while. They were second hand from Dulwich Hamlet I was told and they were knackered. The clickers didn't work and those that did were jammed with wood in turn so they didn't record all payments. The shed behind was the counting house where they worked out how much cash could be trousered and we got a divi each. Glickstein took another good cut before the club declared the official attendance figures. Allegedly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Does Northern Ireland count as UK Mainland? Pretty sure Belfast and the border has seen its fair share of argy bargy over the last few decades?

Do we count offshore territory? Gibraltar or the Falklands? What about the SAS operations in the UK?
  • Options
    I've always disliked them. But that comes from being the son of a squaddy and living near Windsor in my teens, where a common hobby of soldiers seemed to be to get drunk and assault people with long hair.
    I never felt protected particularly by them. And remember well the almost coup under Wilson.
    So Michael Owen did much more to make me proud of England than any soldiers, sailors or airmen.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I've always disliked them. But that comes from being the son of a squaddy and living near Windsor in my teens, where a common hobby of soldiers seemed to be to get drunk and assault people with long hair.
    I never felt protected particularly by them. And remember well the almost coup under Wilson.
    So Michael Owen did much more to make me proud of England than any soldiers, sailors or airmen.

Have you never heard of World War 1 and World War 2 then.......idiotic statement.......!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    To be fair to Michael Owen, i doubt too​ many people - footballers or otherwise - can compete with "the entire history of the British army"
  • Options
    Cologne, colon...what does it matter?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    McBobbin said:

To be fair to Michael Owen, i doubt too​ many people - footballers or otherwise - can compete with "the entire history of the British army"

I don't know. Michael Owen never gave Hindus cow pellets to bite on, which is nearly as bad as putting a tiny fraction of boiled down cow effluence to put into fivers.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!