Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many Lifers work in IT?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I managed to get off one through my mate... A beer for £60 off - excellent deal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite] Started off doing low level unix sysadmin stuff, spent quite a long time on income distribution, e-payments and BACS, and now spend most of my time doing SQL DBA stuff for the new parking system, with the occasional bit of Cognos for payroll.

Huh??? Quite obviously i don't work in IT

(Ollie, can you explain this to me?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]

In very simplified terms, maintaining operating system (like windows, but not) money, money, money, databases and reports. I could explain in more detail but it'd probably bore the hell out of everybody.
  • Options
    Just won an appeal against an alleged bus lane offence in Penge High street last month. If anyone else has had a PCN far a similar offence in Penge High Street recently let me know and I'll tell you how I beat London Borough of Bromley.
  • Options
    Unclear photos? Signage hidden by overhanging trees?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Started off doing low level unix sysadmin stuff, spent quite a long time on income distribution, e-payments and BACS, and now spend most of my time doing SQL DBA stuff for the new parking system, with the occasional bit of Cognos for payroll.

i dont even no what any of that stuff means!
  • Options
    it is an IT thread so highly likely..
  • Options
    Stu: You need to sample all ends of the market before you buy, right?
  • Options
    me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Stu: You need to sample all ends of the market before you buy, right?

I sampled the lower end previously, I've since come to the conclusion that I prefer the maturer end of the market :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just for you Stu ...
  • Options
    Not that mature damnit!

Be back in 5.... need the.... toilet?