Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man City v Chelsea

Cracking match, Chelsea were awesome in the second half. Winning 3 1 after being 1 down. City losing it in the last minute, having 2 players sent off.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    The Aguero tackle was a disgrace. Fabregas did well not to give Fernandinho a right hander.
  • Options
    Conte is the best manager in the world. Worked miracles with Italy in the Euros and now doing the same at Chelsea.
  • Options
    City in meltdown mode at the end there. Guardiola needs to sort it out and quickly, no idea why he persists with a back 3 especially when 1 of the 3 is Kolarov. They outplayed and beat Barcelona playing 4231, yet for some reason he seems to persist with a back 3 in the league.

Having said that, they had enough chances and if De Bruyne hadn't missed that sitter they'd have been 2-0 up.

Lost their heads at the end, shocking tackle from Aguero.
  • Options
    Shocking from Aguero but I quite enjoyed the little handbags they had at the end there
  • Options
    As much as I think Costa's a class A c**t, he was world class.
  • Options
    Chelsea will take some stopping in this form and obviously they have no European football too.
  • Options

Conte is the best manager in the world. Worked miracles with Italy in the Euros and now doing the same at Chelsea.

I love how he celebrates every single goal like it's just won them the champions league
  • Options
    It's a funny one this year with regards to managers of the 'top' sides.

Mourinho has returned the universe to normality by giving all normal human beings a reason to despise Man Utd again.
    Conte has caused the terminally loathsome Chelsea to be not quite so loathsome any more. Still a scum club, but he makes them less so.
    Likewise Jürgen Klopp - great character managing muggy club.
    Pep Guardiola has been utterly meh. Which suits his meh club. Don't hate them, don't like them. Whatever.
    Wenger and Arsenal continue into eternity with the same old situation: Annoying club, annoying manager, but not as annoying as one or two others.

Not sure who I'd like to see win it this year. Always 'none of the above', so last year was pleasing. It'd be good if Spurs or someone else could do it this year. Can't see past Chelsea right now though, but at least that's not as distasteful as when "The Arsehole One" was in charge.

All just my two penn'orth, you understand. I'm sure many of you see it all differently! :smiley:
  • Options
    I'm with you on all of this except for the Tottenham part. Their ongoing failure to win anything is quite gratifying, largely as a number of my friends are spuds.
    Be good to see another Leicester-like club win, perhaps Soton or even Everton. But it isn't going to happen this year.
  • Options
    Best game in ages, funny little scenes at the end of the game was good too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    terrific game and Chelsea on the break !!! .. tremendous .. twice it happened .. almost goal line clearances and seconds later Chelsea score .. and Costa packet (cheap whatever he cost) ? .. love or hate the man he is a tremendous whole hearted performer and a magician as a goal scorer ..
    Manchester City have a lot to learn and Pip/Pop/Paps antics get right on my 'arris ..
    But all in all a great game, already well worth my (over expensive) December SkySports subscription ((:>)
  • Options

terrific game and Chelsea on the break !!! .. tremendous .. twice it happened .. almost goal line clearances and seconds later Chelsea score .. and Costa packet (cheap whatever he cost) ? .. love or hate the man he is a tremendous whole hearted performer and a magician as a goal scorer ..
    Manchester City have a lot to learn and Pip/Pop/Paps antics get right on my 'arris ..
    But all in all a great game, already well worth my (over expensive) December SkySports subscription ((:>)

Haha! @Lincsaddick after your forestieri comment earlier I now expect Chelsea to go on an extended goal drought due in part to carrying a disinterested Costa...
    :wink:
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-38194869

To add to Man City's woes, Yaya Toure has been charged with drink driving.

Awkward for someone who's a devout Muslim...