Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Good luck Dillon, hope you have a negative test before trying to get on that there bridge....
  • Other than the Wembley mistake he has been one of the most consistent keepers over the last 18 months in the EFL.
    For his sake I hope he doesn't leek Goals !
  • Clears the way for 'The Dilsh' to rejoin as 3rd choice/mentor to AMB maybe?  
  • Phillips agent is either Scott Barron or Richard Lee, or both I'm not sure
  • Sorry to see him leave and wish him well with his new club.

The POTY curse strikes yet again !!!!!
    Surely the curse of the calendar !!
  • How much did we get roughly?
  • DP was a good stopper sometimes 
    but was shit at catching the ball and kicking the ball out.
    nice lad but not a great Loss, 
    his agent is a greedy wanker and could have damaged his potential career 👎

Good like Dillon 👍👍
  • Mike said:
    How much did we get roughly?
    Approximately £undisclosed for a change
  • Sponsored links:

• It's probably less than we would have got if we had sold him earlier in the window, but post-takeover I can stomach that if everyone benefits 
  • £450 k I understand?
  • Do you all remember Nicky Johns ?
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Do you all remember Nicky Johns ?
    Yep, what's the connection?

• Good luck Dillion and keep your eye on the ball as you almost cost us a great day at Wembley. 
    Always a Charlton 
  • Oggy Red said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Do you all remember Nicky Johns ?
    Yep, what's the connection?

The Connection was that he was a great all round Goal Keeper 👍👍👍

• Not sure I’m fully with all the goodwill.

am I right in thinking he was contracted until next summer? 

He’s yet another player like Solly and Taylor who we as fans had a good connect with and just gone in a less than ideal way.

nature of the sale leads me to think we got nowhere near value. 
    But that is the problem these days when clubs let a contract run down. We can't afford to give everyone rolling three year contracts but that is precisely what clubs have to do if they want a meaningful fee. We did exactly the same thing with Grant. 

Even the PL clubs get it wrong and players such as Ramsey end up going for nothing. The flip side of it though is that you give a player a contract and he loses his form or falls out with the manager and the club is saddled with what is effectively a "white elephant" e.g. Ozil

By the same token we have been beneficiaries of players who have little or nothing left on their contract - we got Lyle Taylor on a free after all
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Not sure I’m fully with all the goodwill.

He’s yet another player like Solly and Taylor who we as fans had a good connect with and just gone in a less than ideal way.

why though? What has Dills done wrong? Refused to sign a new deal? Not the first, won’t be the last. Wembley hero Bauer wouldn’t sign a new deal, left without us getting a fee, left a hero. Why is Dills different? Don’t understand any of the animosity towards him. He was previously dealt with badly by the Club around the time of his Cheltenham loan too. He’s gone and we got a fee. I wish him all the best of luck and hope he goes on to great things.
    Agree wholeheartedly. He's a professional footballer that wanted to play at a higher level having just suffered relegation. Football has changed and to stay with a  club purely out of loyalty died a long, long time ago. 

Maybe I'm hypocritical because I remember thinking what a scummy move it was of Jermain Defoe to ask for a transfer the say after W. Ham were relegated, but like I say, football has changed. 

Also, this is very different to the way Taylor treated the club. 
  • Not sure I’m fully with all the goodwill.

why though? What has Dills done wrong? Refused to sign a new deal? Not the first, won’t be the last. Wembley hero Bauer wouldn’t sign a new deal, left without us getting a fee, left a hero. Why is Dills different? Don’t understand any of the animosity towards him. He was previously dealt with badly by the Club around the time of his Cheltenham loan too. He’s gone and we got a fee. I wish him all the best of luck and hope he goes on to great things.
    Agree wholeheartedly. He's a professional footballer that wanted to play at a higher level having just suffered relegation. Football has changed and to stay with a  club purely out of loyalty died a long, long time ago. 

Also, not at all behaved like Taylor. 
        Taylor will not last at Notts Forest    
        He is terrified of injuries and just wants the money
        The Lord giveth and taketh away 😂👍👍
  • Brilliant shot stopper but two inches too short to be dominant in his area.  Personally I prefer Amos
  • Sad to see him go having watched him from a young age.
    The circumstances seem like they are unfortunate, but I don't know the ins and outs of it.
    Simply sad to see him go, and I wish him all the best.
  • Gutted he has gone.  A keeper I rated, a character in the dressing room, a youth team product who did well and actually played more than 8 games for us.  Plus he is my lads favourite player.

• Always felt that Dills was improving year on year. I think he's above our pay grade now, so he goes with only thanks for the memories. An excellent pro. If Bows says he's alright, he's alright. 
  • really sad to see Dillon go but seems the right outcome in the strange circumstances we find ourselves in. Now we are under proper ownership we must get to a place where all our best players are on longer term deals but this is probably easier said than done with the cap. Anyhow a great player for us and I wish him all the best
  • Some typical revisionism on this thread, with suddenly lots of faults apparent in his game, 3 months after he won POTY. 
    A very impressive keeper for me who some of our fans seemed desperate to find fault with.
  • sad to see you go but hopefully we’ll put six goal past you next season.