Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool and being sued by Oyston

Another interesting article, this time from our fellow sufferers at Bloomfield Rd.

http://blackpoolsupporterstrust.com/Site/LatestNews.aspx?NewId=46

Comments

• Options
    Isn't this the point where the F.A. must surely step in?
  • Options
    'Most owners and chairmen of football clubs come in for some form of criticism, even abuse. Whilst it is never acceptable for people to resort to extreme abuse or even violence, people in positions of responsibility need to be aware of the reactions they are likely to provoke by their behaviour and by the decisions that they make. Owning a football club is a privilege and with that comes the great responsibility of looking after a community asset and ensuring that its supporters are consulted and treated with respect.'

although an excellent piece this above stuck a real chord with me.
  • Options

'Most owners and chairmen of football clubs come in for some form of criticism, even abuse. Whilst it is never acceptable for people to resort to extreme abuse or even violence, people in positions of responsibility need to be aware of the reactions they are likely to provoke by their behaviour and by the decisions that they make. Owning a football club is a privilege and with that comes the great responsibility of looking after a community asset and ensuring that its supporters are consulted and treated with respect.'

Did you just make that up? If not, and this is somewhere in the FA's documentation, they have failed on a massive scale to uphold their own rules, remit, whatever.
  • Options

Did you just make that up? If not, and this is somewhere in the FA's documentation, they have failed on a massive scale to uphold their own rules, remit, whatever.
    no, it's from the article linked in the opening post
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Take note Miere and keohane, attacking your own fans gets you nowhere.
  • Options
    Good afternoon. The FA will do f.a. as usual. One of their remits is that clubs openly talk with fans. We have a Club Liaison Officer I think but no-one ever hears from him. The Oystons set up a fans group called the Fans Progress Group. It has 5 members and all other supporters groups have refused to engage with them. BST, who produced the update quoted are doing a great job. However, the law suits keep flowing. Pray that CAFC do not end up in the same boat.
  • Options

Good afternoon. The FA will do f.a. as usual. One of their remits is that clubs openly talk with fans. We have a Club Liaison Officer I think but no-one ever hears from him. The Oystons set up a fans group called the Fans Progress Group. It has 5 members and all other supporters groups have refused to engage with them. BST, who produced the update quoted are doing a great job. However, the law suits keep flowing. Pray that CAFC do not end up in the same boat.

We're not far away.
  • Options

no, it's from the article linked in the opening post
    I didn't really think you'd made it up, but it's so far removed from the reality of being a Leeds, Blackpool or Charlton fan it reads like a piece of fiction.
  • Options
    Hope things don't escalate to that level. Wouldn't put it past them though. They would probably see it as a way to win the PR 'war'.
  • Options
    Worth highlighting another paragraph from BST

"The true human cost of all this litigation by the Oystons is largely hidden from the public and so it is easy to underestimate the devastating impact.

Some individuals have lost their jobs, businesses are in jeopardy, relationships with partners have broken down and health has suffered. As a direct result of the stress, some of the people caught up in this situation has been seriously impacted - two cases of cancer, a stroke victim, depression, loss of a baby and an attempted suicide all in the last twelve months. This is the outcome of the decision by the Oystons to pursue those who have spoken out against them - real people with real lives being devastated as a consequence."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think anyone can link all of that to what the Oystons do to fans.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I don't think anyone can link all of that to what the Oystons do to fans.

Hard to determine an exact link, of course, but the only time in my life when I was seriously ill happened to coincide with a three year long planning battle. I am certain that the continual and significant stress of that did have an impact on my physical health.