Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hodgson

Sky sports. A haggered, tired out of touch old man currently explaining on SSN where it all went wong.

Probably the same day the FA(f** all) said "you've got the job Woy"

Comments

• Options
    Director of football material now. Well respected, great knowledge, good with media, good contacts.

Would like him here, but never going to happen.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Blimey, four years since he was appointed and still people think it's amusing to mis-spell his name.

Yep, speech impediment is apparently fair game... But if he was 25 stone and eating himself to death, I'd probably be slaughtered for calling him a fat c*nt
  • Options

Still say he did little wrong......it was the players who BADLY let him, themselves and us fans down.

Mainly agree, apart from the Kane taking corners thing. Epitomised by the moment during one match in the finals when said Kane was closing on goal in the inside right position, Kyle Walker made his trademark overlap run, where Harry picks him out week in week out at Spurs.

Instead of doing that, Harry decides to try and kick the ball into the area through the (suddenly invisible to HK, apparently) defender right in front of him. Danger averted.
  • Options
    Absolute dinosaur.
  • Options
    At the time and for a while after I was furious with him.

Time has healed my England wounds although they are no doubt going to be reopened in 2018.

Better men then you have tried Roy and experienced the same failure and will continue to do so in the future.
  • Options

Still say he did little wrong......it was the players who BADLY let him, themselves and us fans down.

Mainly agree, apart from the Kane taking corners thing. Epitomised by the moment during one match in the finals when said Kane was closing on goal in the inside right position, Kyle Walker made his trademark overlap run, where Harry picks him out week in week out at Spurs.

Instead of doing that, Harry decides to try and kick the ball into the area through the (suddenly invisible to HK, apparently) defender right in front of him. Danger averted.
    agree with this .. most successful international teams base their play, personnel and tactics around one club .. Bayern Munich/Germany, Barcelona/Spain, Juventus/Italy .. At the end of Hodgson's tenure the main component of his squad was Spurs players .. so why not play the Spurs way, a club that was going through a very successful period ? .. KISS .. keep it simple stupid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who the f*** cares what he says now. Me being a cynic I reckon he has probably waited a few months to spill the beans and fill his piggy bank up.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Unfortunately, being an international team manager does not give you access to a cheque book that can bring in the players you need. If he could have signed a few players, we would have been a strong side.
  • Options
    He (slightly strangely) built his 433 system around Welbeck playing that left forward role and it did work well at times as seen by the friendly when we beat Germany in the build up to the Euros. Welbs then got injured and he didn't have a solution. He tried 2 or 3 different systems between then and the euros and never settled with any one system.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Who the f*** cares what he says now. Me being a cynic I reckon he has probably waited a few months to spill the beans and fill his piggy bank up.

You hypocrite. Upon your retirement from international football you said of Roy:

"He's a fantastic manager and I'm glad the FA have stuck with him.

"He's the man who fulfilled my childhood dream, made me England captain, and I'll always thank him for that."
    Busted.
  • Options
    Was seen at a match at Carrow Road recently, apparently a friend of Delia.
    Rumour that he was lined up to replace Alex Neil if results did not improve.
  • Options

Woy over arry any day of the week - before during and after.

I'd have Karel Freye over that wanker
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Or to get his own cookery programme. :-)
  • Options

Or to get his own cookery programme. :-)
    Roy's Rotisserie Rations?
  • Options
    To a degree I agree with him. Spurs' last four games did upset the apple cart. Alli was suspended and missed three games, Kane was knackered and it did play a part.

However, lets get one thing right here. He was responsible for picking the team and playing a formation that not one of the 11 had played competitively in the PL for a start, let alone at international level. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    International equivalent of Slade!
  • Options

Woy over arry any day of the week - before during and after.

I'd have Karel Freye over that wanker
    Hey, steady on there!
  • Options
    Think it was a mixture of Roy and players letting him down.

The Iceland game was a disgrace. The players bottled.

They could of played any formation in that game and should of won. They froze good and proper.
  • Options
    Very interesting interview with him on 'Sportsweek' on Five Live.

Just like his mate Gary Neville, the party line seems to be that we were doing really well, playing some great football and then the Iceland performance came out of nowhere - he literally cannot explain that game.

I like Hodgson as a bloke, but there is definitely a lot of re-writing of history going on with Euro 2016.

My memory is that we were ordinary against an atrocious Russian team, scraped through against the Taffies and then were equally poor against a very limited Slovakia.

We then produced what can only be described as the worst England performance, that I have ever seen against Iceland.

All the while Roy was getting $4Million a year, and was then reluctant to do a presser after the Iceland game, as 'he wasn't the manager anymore!".