Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cellino banned for 18 months

Just seen that leeds owner Cellino has been banned for breaking agent regulations. Is there anything that can be linked back to Duchatelet where we could bring a case against him.

Other than the obvious, he is a Cxxt?

Comments

• Fiiish said:

Just seen that leeds owner Cellino has been banned for breaking agent regulations. Is there anything that can be linked back to Duchatelet where we could bring a case against him.

Well first he'd have to attempt to purchase footballers who have agents. And, generally speaking, only good footballers have them.
    This is true
  • Fiiish said:

Well first he'd have to attempt to purchase footballers who have agents. And, generally speaking, only good footballers have them.
    16 year old scholars at academies have agents!!
  • i cant see what difference this will make as im sure whoever is in charge of the day to day running of the club has Cellino's ear/vote
  • bobmunro said:

Fiiish said:

And if they were good agents they would be nowhere near any of Roland's clubs.
  • Fiiish said:

bobmunro said:

Fiiish said:

Quite the opposite I would think. Our very good academy is clearly designed to be a player farm - rich pickings for agents to pick up scholars.

In terms of agents involved in players we buy? Well RoJo's agent must have been laughing all the way to the bank for a start!
  • bobmunro said:

Fiiish said:

bobmunro said:

Fiiish said:

Quite the opposite I would think. Our very good academy is clearly designed to be a player farm - rich pickings for agents to pick up scholars.

In terms of agents involved in players we buy? Well RoJo's agent must have been laughing all the way to the bank for a start!
    I know our academy is good. If I was an agent, the last thing I would recommend to a young star to be would be to stick around to be offered a senior contract. Surely if an academy player does not want to stick around, there won't be any agent fees involved? At least between the club and the agent?
  • I wrote to FIFA asking them to look into potential 3rd party ownership of Batshuayi and didn't even get an acknowledgement, less a reply.
  • Third party ownership of players could do it for RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wrote to FIFA asking them to look into potential 3rd party ownership of Batshuayi and didn't even get an acknowledgement, less a reply.

I've been thinking of trying the Football League and FA. I'll write to them tomorrow I think.
  • BUT .. he's still a fit a pwoper person
  • edited December 2016

BUT .. he's still a fit a pwoper person

And this is what is so ironic, the administrators of football in this country are a complete waste of space. Money talks as they sit in their ivory towers and watch the fabric of football clubs being destroyed by reckless owners who have no regard for their efficient running, successfulness on the pitch or relationship with the fan base.

As long as you've got the money, you can aim for the pot of gold in the Premier League like Chelsea and Man City or use a club like Charlton as a player farm, run by an absent owner's family friend's daughter with no previous executive experience in football and no regard for its fan base or traditions.

Unbelievable Jeff!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38254508

Most interesting line is: "By 30 April 2017, he is to attend and complete an FA education programme covering the duties and responsibilities of an owner and director of an English football club."

It begs a lot of questions. What is this education programme? Do all owners have to go on it or just the recalcitrant ones? When is Two Shats turn to undergo some forced learning?