Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'PRINCE' ANDREW AND THE COMMON TOUCH

edited December 2016 in Not Sports Related
I am trying hard to avoid non football and/or controversial topics .. BUT .. this, if accurate demands some attention ..

Who the f does he think he is ? .. Answer .. he's a trumped up scrounging never was

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/family-relationships/royal-feud-prince-andrew-demands-better-status-for-beatrice-and-eugenies-commoner-children/ar-AAliCAW?li=AAaeUIW&ocid=spartanntp

Comments

• Options
    Prat ... not you @Lincsaddick :wink:
  • Options
    We must be the only country that pays such big bucks a royal family. Even in Thailand, at least their guy was able to kick some arse.
  • Options
    Too bloody right! Give the little darlings titles
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Shouldn't we mere commoners be insulted? You could argue the policy is sexist, but with something as ridiculous as royal entitlement to public money, the rules have to go out of the window. Prince Charles is intelligent enough to know that actions like this endanger the future of the Royal Family.
  • Options

Shouldn't we mere commoners be insulted? You could argue the policy is sexist, but with something as ridiculous as royal entitlement, the rules have to go out of the window.

I guess we should be insulted but he's such a stuck up arrogant wanker, there's no point.
  • Options
    Commoner, what a horrible word that is.
  • Options
    I'm a fan of the royal family, I think they do a lot of good and bring in more money than they cost.

But this is ridiculous the man can jog on frankly.
  • Options
    He is the worse one from all of the royals, always out for the freebie. I think Harry has probably looked at him and realized he doesn't want to be like that and more credit to him.
  • Options

I think it could be a ‘difficult’ Christmas dinner this year.

Charles and Andrew at loggerheads. ‘Arry boy teasing the girls over their paltry accommodation in St James’ Palace, (whilst he lords it in the higher profile Kensington Palace). William and Kate smug in the assurance of their offsprings HRH status over the princesses bleak future of producing commoners. Never was a family more divided.

At the head of the table Liz sits quietly weeping, head in hands, whilst at the other end Philip just couldn’t give a **** and is probably saying so.

Happy days.

Sounds like a typical Christmas Dinner scenario in many households but with different arguments and servants to do all the work!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gord bless em all.
  • Options
    Said it on here many times, great fan of Queen Liz and the graft she has put in for this country but once she is gone just what is the point?
  • Options
    Nothing a good revolution wouldn't sort out.
  • Options
    These days I don't object to the royal family - let's face it if we elected a president we could end up with someone like Trump!

However, I do object to what they represent and I firmly believe very few of them should get taxpayers money to fund their lifestyle. The rest should earn their crust, inside or outside the family business - none of them would have any trouble getting any job they wanted. In fact, I would make all "work" done by the royal family "jobs", with job specs, targets and yearly appraisals. That way, certain royals could be sacked and that would leave positions open to other minor royals who could apply - I'm making this up as I go along, but I'm liking it a lot.

There is another issue here the whole "commoner" thing - an outrageous thing to say in this day and age. Doesn't he have advisors to stop him coming out with this shite?
  • Options
    This taxpayer money you talk of...my understanding is they still technically own huge amounts of the country, and this generates huge profits, which are donated to the treasury with a rebate for annual operating costs.

You take that off them and you should take property of Lords Westminster, bedford, spencer-Churchill etc etc.

• Options
    But that is the main royals. The minor ones like this bunch can feck off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andrew saw action in the Falklands so deserves credit for that but otherwise he and Fergy were arguably the main contributors in all sorts of ways towards the tarnishing of the image of the Royal Family.

He comes across as arrogant with a sense of entitlement in contrast to his sister Princess Anne and his nephews William and Harry.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

And of course the hundreds of millions they add to the tourism industry every year.

How many tourists are drawn to the UK because of Princess Beatrice ?
    True-ish!

Surprising how many numpties would visit and hand over their tourist dollar/yen/dong when she finally bags a Tarquin Lord Ballbag of Sack and they get spliced at Westminster Abbey!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

And of course the hundreds of millions they add to the tourism industry every year.

How many tourists are drawn to the UK because of Princess Beatrice ?
    Exactly. See my comment just after.. it applies to the main royals not this bunch of twats.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This whole "they generate tons of money through increased tourism" stuff can surely only be spouted by people who have never visited Versailles.

I've been to Versailles. But the pull is different many people particularly those from China and other Asian countries come because it's one of the few places there is a reigning monarch. There is huge amounts of academic research out their showing the benefit to the UK economy of the royals. It's far bigger than many think. They more than pay for themselves each year.

That's the main royals I'm talking about. As I've said before this lot can jog on. Irrelevant losers who have to wear a pretzel on their head to try and get noticed at a royal wedding.
  • Options
    You can't blame the man for trying to protect his family. In any other situation two brothers would be asking their parents to share the inheritance equally between their respective families.

I don't think the work 'commoner' was necessarily used by Andrew himself - there is a dilemma about what to do with the offspring of the over privileged, especially the work shy.

I have many friends that have so much money that nothing, realistically, that their children can do will ever earn more than what their parents can give them without noticing it. In some cases there is enough 'cash' wealth that the next three generations of their family need never work again and still not be able to spend it all. What does one do then? Give your children all the things that they want that you can afford, or make them go without so that they learn the value of working for something even though they will never able able to afford what their parents can give them.

In this situation Andrew's grandchildren are likely to end up with much, much less than his brothers. I agree that the taxpayer has no interest in paying for the Princesses to appear in newspapers on holidays that cost as much as a family car and the free lifestyle has to stop somewhere but I can see why Andrew is asking the question. I can also see why Charles is saying no - if they aren't seen to be trying to keep their costs down someone else (Parliament or the general public) might force it on them. Charles's stance does look a bit like 'I'm alright Jack' though.

It also helps that Harry is cool, has served his country and raised a lot of money for charity, whereas the Princesses, as far as I am aware, are famous for expensive skiing holidays with their mum.
  • Options

This taxpayer money you talk of...my understanding is they still technically own huge amounts of the country, and this generates huge profits, which are donated to the treasury with a rebate for annual operating costs.

You take that off them and you should take property of Lords Westminster, bedford, spencer-Churchill etc etc.

How did they get to own huge amounts of the country?
  • Options

That depends on who's stats you believe (this article gives both sides of the argument):

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/the-biggest-myth-about-the-queen-her-contribution-to-the-british-economy-10491277.html