Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Greenleaf @ Borderline 28th Nov....a nice bit of stoner rock type stuff 8/10
  • Options
    Saw James Tuesday night in Nottingham, excellent live band 10/10. Support band good too, The Slow Readers Club 7/10. Oh, and only paid £1 to park. Smug bastard!
  • Options

Saw James Tuesday night in Nottingham, excellent live band 10/10. Support band good too, The Slow Readers Club 7/10. Oh, and only paid £1 to park. Smug bastard!

I saw James earlier this year. They didn't play 'laid' or 'sit down' their 2 biggest hits. Pissed me right off. People pay to hear songs they know, not just songs you want them to hear.

For that reason, I would never part with my hard earned cash to see them live ever again.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

I only ever went one to gig in Nottingham - James in 1989 supported by The New Fast Autowmatic Daffodils - who were a pretty decent band...it was at Nottingham Trent Poly
  • Options
    Saw "Blossoms" at Shepherd's Bush Empire last night. Very enjoyable night and a special mention to the support band, "INHEAVEN" too. Worth checking out.

8/10.
  • Options
    Walking on Cars at Chalk Farm Roundhouse last night 9/10
  • Options
    Claire Martin and Ian Shaw last Monday at Crazy Coqs in Zedels. Just the two of them, great show, variety of styles, not just jazz. A few Christmas standards thrown in, a bit of comedy. Only problem there was another show on after them so we all got hoiked out the door pretty sharpish after, no hint of that when booking, hence 9/10 for the gig as a whole.
  • Options

Claire Martin and Ian Shaw last Monday at Crazy Coqs in Zedels. Just the two of them, great show, variety of styles, not just jazz. A few Christmas standards thrown in, a bit of comedy. Only problem there was another show on after them so we all got hoiked out the door pretty sharpish after, no hint of that when booking, hence 9/10 for the gig as a whole.

Yeah, I had that when I saw Pete Doherty at Brixtom Jamm. I thought the 8.00ish start was early.

It was all over by 9pm and we had to make way for the 2nd show.

Weird finishing at 9pm, it's like what do you do now ? Similar to being thrown out a game before half time.
  • Options
    Fluked upon a single ticket to Bon Iver in Feb - chuffed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone get to RHCP at the O2 the other night?

They have a new track "sick love" that I feel is excellent.

Wondered how that sounds live
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

my boss went and showed me a small video. They had an amazing looking light show/set above the crowd.
  • Options
    Anything good lined up for jan/feb?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Diet and exercise for me
  • Options
    Croydon said:

We are going to see Claire Martin again at Pizza Express in Kings Rd on Valentines night... :smiley:
  • Options
    Saw The Darkness at the Indigo2 on Sunday. They are the ultimate 'Marmite' band & I totally understand why, but I thought they were absolutely fantastic. Great fun
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I was there, but couldn't say.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Croydon said:

Green Day at the O2 in Feb.

KIngs of Leon, Stone Roses and The Pretenders, later in the year.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Dropkick Murphys at the end of Jan.
  • Options
    Rival Sons are supporting the 'final' tour by Black Sabbath, they're at the 02 for a couple of nights in late January .. 68 year old Ozzy better watch out for the 'competition' .. in Jay Buchanan, RS has one of the very best rock singers I have ever heard ..
    I'm going to see Rival Sons in Cambridge on Feb 1st .. one of the solo gigs they have squeezed in between the Sabbath dates
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went and saw Elvis Presley at the o2 in November
  • Options
    Margo Price, supported by Aaron Lee Tasjan at Oran Mor as part of Celtic Connections on Tuesday. If I see a better gig this year, I'll be happy. Good review of it here: http://americana-uk.com/margo-price-celtic-connections-with-aaron-lee-tasjan-oran-mor-glasgow-24th-january
  • Options
    olster said:

Fluked upon a single ticket to Bon Iver in Feb - chuffed!

Did you get a refund? They cancelled their European tour!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Green Day at the O2 coming up Feb 8th.

Later in the year, Kings of Leon, Killers, Elbow, Pretenders, Undertones.
  • Options
    Disturbed at the O2 last weekend (with Avenge Sevenfold), very good live.
  • Options
    Limehouse Lizzy at the Beaverwood club on 16 February ha ha.
  • Options
    Last 3 gigs

Catfish and the Bottlemen - November - Wembley Arena
    Cast - December - Shepherds Bush Empire
    The Fratellis - Tonight - Kentish Town Forum

All excellent
  • Options
    saw 'Rival Sons' in a packed out smallish 'hall' in Cambridge last night .. they were taking a night off from supporting Black Sabbath on their 'farewell' tour..
    they overpowered the place a little bit, spine shaking stuff .. super band, fantastic vocalist, tight as wallpaper to the wall, playing fairly complicated stuff, lots of tone and key changes ..
    if your taste runs to a mixture of Led Zep meets the Doors (best I can come up with) you'll love 'em ..
    Live they are as melodic as what is found on their studio albums, just a touch heavier and 'jazzier'
  • Options
    Just got my tickets for Teenage Fanclub in Vancouver in March - looking forward to that one so much - have been a Fannies fan since day one...