Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Father / son playing for same club combos

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Gordie Howe played in the NHL for the Hartford Whalers with his two sons in 1980. Scored 15 goals. Not bad for 51 years old.
  • Options
    My Dad and I played in the same side in a 5 a side(ish) game on Blackheath in 1961 with jumpers for goal posts. I think we won about 19-14. As an enthusiastic 8 year old, I bagged 4 or 5 of the goals.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Tenuous but Paul and tom ince both played england U21s. Both were at Liverpool but Tom never played
  • Options
    Something you would never expect to hear on a football pitch. "Grandad, over here". Walking football we had Grandad, his daughter and her son all playing. All good players as well. Often played alongside my son which is so fantastic.

We are an exception in allowing anyone to play on our Saturday morning game. I think I took the FA "football for all" a bit too literally, but it is good fun!
  • Options
    Not father / son, but great-great grandfather /great-great grandson would be Bill Garraty & Jack Grealish both have played for Villa.
  • Options
    Beckham and Beckham Jnr played in the Soccer Aid game this year... does that count?
  • Options
    Andy and Jake Hessenthaler - Gillingham FC
  • Options

Maradona junior played for Napoli but not the first team
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Tenuous but Paul and tom ince both played england U21s. Both were at Liverpool but Tom never played

Tom Ince played in the League Cup for Liverpool
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Tom Ince played in the League Cup for Liverpool
    Ah cool, I must have only seen league appearances. Chalk it up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mark Kinsella, Liam Kinsella, Walsall
  • Options
    Remember the two goalkeepers that Ron Greenwood couldn't make a decision over when he was managing England? They are both on this list:
    Peter Shilton and Sam Shilton - Plymouth
    Ray Clemence and Stephen Clemence - Spurs
  • Options
    Alan Ball Snr and Alan Ball Jnr both at Blackpool I think.

Roland Duchatelat and his son, granddaughter and great grandson. Owners of Charlton Athletic 2011 to 2136. Promotion back the championship finally achieved they sold up.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Zidane is not only Real Madrid Manager but all 4 of his sons play for the club at various levels.

Just as well Russell Slade didn't have footballing sons.....
  • Options

Ian Wright and Bradley
    Peter and Kasper Schmeichel

What same club?
  • Options

Zidane is not only Real Madrid Manager but all 4 of his sons play for the club at various levels.

Just as well Russell Slade didn't have footballing sons.....

Enzo played and scored for the first team a few weeks back too.
  • Options

Ian Wright and Bradley

What same club?
    Only Shaun and Bradley have played for the same club (Man City / New York Red Bulls)

Shaun also played for Chelsea and Queens Park Rangers
    Ian played for Crystal Palace | Arsenal | West Ham | Nottingham Forest | Celtic | Burnley
    Bradley also played for Southampton | Plymouth | Charlton | Brentford
  • Options

Ian Wright and Bradley

What same club?
    Only Shaun and Bradley have played for the same club (Man City / New York Red Bulls)

Shaun also played for Chelsea and Queens Park Rangers
    Ian played for Crystal Palace | Arsenal | West Ham | Nottingham Forest | Celtic | Burnley
    Bradley also played for Southampton | Plymouth | Charlton | Brentford
    Thought so.
  • Options
    Bob Peeters and Christophe Lepoint.
  • Options
    slightly different - Gus and Diego Poyet - manager/player at West Ham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Gus was never West Ham Manager... Brighton & Sunderland in England
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Finn Laudrup, the father of Brian and Michael Laudrup, also played for the Danish national team, KB (FCK) and Brøndby, just as his sons.

Michael Laudrup have two sons, both have played for the national youth teams and one of them FCK as well.
  • Options
    Tony Hateley Mark Hateley Coventry
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Gus was never West Ham Manager... Brighton & Sunderland in England
    I am ashamed at myself
  • Options

Not father / son, but great-great grandfather /great-great grandson would be Bill Garraty & Jack Grealish both have played for Villa.

I suspect Bill Garraty never featured in the tabloids!
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

Im sure Derek Hales's son played for Charlton as well .

Leigh Hales?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Brian and Nigel Clough managed the same team but not played.
  • Options
    Johan and Jordi Cruyff at Barcelona.
  • Options
    Cesare Maldini, Paolo, plus his son Daniel is on Milan's books as a youth player.
  • Options

Thinking about it, very few of our former players have had sons who also played the game. From the last 30 years, Rob Lee's two sons came through at West Ham, while Mark Kinsella's son is at Walsall

Whilst this is rather obscure, Mike Ammann's son Arie is currently playing college football in the US, following a spell with Watford. He's also a goalkeeper.