Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keeping music live- Petition

Hi Everyone,

I know a lot of you like your music, go and see gigs at big and small venues.

Without getting political, the recent licencing law changes have had a serious impact on small gigs, which in turn will have a detrimental effect on grass root music of all genres, together with a serious impact on the lives of up and coming musicians.

Take a look at this link and if you agree, please sign it and join the 75000 people who already have.

Petition

Thanks for this- grass roots music/ musicians need your support.

(Jumps off soapbox)

Comments

• Options
    I can go for this - signed!
  • Options
    me too, Signed!
  • Options
    Done!
  • Options
    Thanks to the above,

Now for the back from lunch brigade?
  • Options
    That is the vaguest petition in the world, elaborate please ?
  • Options
    That's what i thought, but basically, the licensing requiements have just been made much harder to put on live music at pubs, clubs, even things like village fetes, wedding receptions in church halls and the like.

Bottom line is that it's got so complicated that some people have just stopped booking live music for these sort of events and it's having a detrimental effect on live music and the performing music industry, which is hard enough for young and even some not so young muso's to make a living,

Many moons ago when i was a pro-musician, i'd regularly be booked to be part of a group to play a fanfare or something- now, apparently (and i'm not a legal person) this now has to be licenced and go through a load of red tape with the consequecial (sp) reduction in live music work for those working in an already very tough industry.

Hope this helps a bit Ketters.
  • Options
    That mean more work for the DJ then, I am not signing that :-)
  • Options
    i can see the point from your side Ketters, until of course they want to inflict the same licencing regulations on "non- live" music.

:-))